Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
SQL - SSIS - AWS - Big Data - CRM
We are looking for a dynamic and passionate individual to join us as a Technical Lead. The role is client facing and sits within our Operations & Development Team. This individual will bring a mix of pre-sales consultancy, business analysis and specification, technical design, build, implementation & optimisation experience, best practice advice, client support and team management skills to deliver client led solutions across a range of sectors.
The Technical Lead is a core role and focal point of the project team responsible for the whole technical solution and managing the day to day delivery. The role will focus on the technical solution architecture, detailed technical design, coaching of the development/implementation team and governance of the technical delivery. Technical ownership of the solution from bid inception through implementation to client delivery, followed by after sales support and best practise advice. Interactions with internal stakeholder’s and clients to explain technology solutions and a clear understanding of clients business requirements through which to guide optimal design so as to meet their needs.
The suitable candidate will maintain a clear and reasonable vision of "next steps" and the "big picture" during meetings, conversations or whenever the parameters of a project changes. They will manage and prioritise work so that not only the most urgent work is completed but also the most important, whilst maintaining a clear understanding of the strategy and core business drivers on projects.
Life as a Technical Lead at Merkle
· Be the Technical Lead on a Merkle flagship account responsible for the whole technical solution and overseeing the day to day technical delivery
· Create and be seen as the "trusted advisor" from a technical perspective between Merkle and the Client and be seen to add value to the Clients acting as a Business Analyst, Lead Developer & Project Manager when required
· Provide technical guidance and role of mentor/coach to members of the team
· Provide Pre-Sales support in terms of design of solutions architecture, provide technical response to RFP/ITT requests, attend Prospect Pitch meetings in a "Solutions Architect" capacity
· Create, own and ensure maintenance of all levels of technical specification for all projects ranging from a major system implementation to a Change Control as required, from a requirements specification to a program/technical specification; A key document is the System Specification which must be produced, updated and maintained as the core point of reference for the solution
· Lead design, development and management of testing on projects, working with QA, Product Specialists and the Client where required
· Conduct fitness for purpose, efficiency, automation & technical debt reviews on Client implementations (minimum 1 Client Review per annum), to ensure solution is still fit for purpose and operating efficiently, look for performance improvements and implement where appropriate
· Handling and protection of Merkle information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month!
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
· Minimum 3+ years' experience operating at a Senior/Lead Developer level delivering complex multi-channel marketing solutions, including single customer view, data quality, analytics, multi-channel campaign product tool integration, real-time solutions (Preference would be experience in an Integrated Data Agency but not essential)
· Experience using ETL tools in a design/leadership capacity within a warehouse environment i.e. Informatica, SSIS, Talend, etc.
· Experience of data quality tools, data governance, privacy and compliance and data manipulation for international data
· Experience gained either in the Marketing Agency sector or SI such as Accenture
· Excellent knowledge of SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, designing performant databases, data warehouse/mart solutions
· Experience of Building Campaign Management or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions using IBM Unica, Adobe Campaign, PeopleStage, Oracle or Redpoint, etc.
· Exposure to NoSQL technologies (even if not commercially) such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hadoop
· Experience of at least two of the following:
· Building Digital/Social solutions and integrating unstructured data i.e. Twitter, Facebook etc.
· Implement, use and support DMPs such as BlueKai, Adobe Audience Manager, Rocketfuel
· Microsoft .Net (4.0+) stack including C# and MVC, Visual Studio 2008/2010/2012
· Cloud Computing (preferably AWS or Azure)
· Distributed Computing, preferably Hadoop, working with highly available and scalable systems
· Full stack development to architect, design and develop a range of web-based systems
· Strong business and commercial awareness and focus
· Intelligent, self-learner, with good analysis and problem solving skills. Good learning ability, learns quickly & smartly
· Good problem solver, with the ability to analyse complex situations and make the right decision
· Attends relevant industry and analyst seminars and training programmes
· Resourceful, self-aware, curious, and passionate with strong integrity and respect for operating with a non-political team player attitude
· A strategic thinker attuned to value the details as well as be able to provide strategic operational and tactical guidance; Undertakes activities to remain knowledgeable about the competitive environment, market and trade dynamics, products / services and technology trends, innovations, and patterns of consumer behavior
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, using own initiative in a methodical and structured manner
· Ability to ‘own’ projects and co-ordinate within a team and across departments
· Genuine interest in technology and a curious mind
· Ability to think strategically, creatively and be an inspiring leade
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.