Senior Decisioning Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Role: Senior Decisioning Architect (SDA)
Opening Date: Thursday 27 December 2018
Closing Date: Friday 25 January 2019
Assignment Type: Permanent
Reports to: Decisioning Team Lead
Salary: £Competitive + Benefits
The Senior Decisioning Architect (SDA) requires strong experience defining decision architecture, solutions & designs for Pega Decisioning and Pega Marketing. You will have solid end to end experience defining solutions, designs, and implementations in Customer Marketing, Contact Strategy, Segmentation, Adaptive Modelling, and Campaign Management - Inbound and Outbound.
Working on-site at a customer location (or remotely if agreed by the client), this role will work as part of a project team to ensure that the business and decision architecture of the delivered solution matches customer requirements. The client will take full advantage of your consistently demonstrated knowledge of industry standard project delivery frameworks including Agile, Waterfall & Scrum.
You will have the ability to contribute to the decision design process and socialize the decision design details and tasks to wider team and stakeholders.
Communicating decisioning concepts and benefits to multiple stakeholders ranging from marketing heads and vice presidents to the operational team is essential. The client will need confidence the decision lead knows what they are doing and is an effective leader.
In this role, you will be called upon to effectively troubleshoot technical issues as they arise during the project lifecycle. Mentoring more junior SDA and DA team members on on-going basis is a must. We also expect participation in internal Merkle Pega projects to help grow the Merkle Pega brand and expertise.
Life as a Senior Decisioning Architect (SDA) at Merkle
- We are the largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems
- A rapidly growing Merkle Pega Practice and great opportunity to work with a multitude of clients across UK and EMEA regions
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on Merkle Pega Practice as well as our market-leading clients
- A fun and friendly environment that is collaborative, fast, yet professional!
- Regular, personal interaction with the Merkle Pega leadership team and senior leadership of our clients
- Opportunity for accelerated recognition and rewards, where you’ll see your contributions and great ideas directly impact our business
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Unlimited access to Pega Academy and Paid Pega training & certification programs
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
Skills and Experience
- A highly technical, hands-on, motivated, and collaborative individual with exceptional communication skills and proven experience working with diverse teams of technical architects, business users and IT teams in customer organizations on all phases of the software development life-cycle. Senior Decisioning Architects must have the ability to learn complex material quickly and manage multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously.
- Experience in designing and implementing Pega Marketing, CRM and Decisioning solutions on a large scale while applying best practices to the solution
- Excellent in collaboration with sponsors, business stakeholders, Business Analysts, data governance, analytics, functional and technical leads to ensure the right solution is created for the business need.
- Experience with designing and/or implementing Decisioning software (such as Blaze Advisor/Chordiant/JRules) or campaign management (such as IBM Unica, Teradata Aprimo) applications and/or good knowledge in understanding of CRM and Decisioning systems.
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as the ability to manage multiple competing business / technical priorities
- Provide excellent insight into Decisioning task estimation and prioritization
- Dedication to a team-oriented environment with the ability to drive and lead by example
- Ability to define and follow best practices in PEGA Marketing architecture / design / coding
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly; ability to explain it to both business & IT stakeholders
- Strong technical knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools
- Experience with Pega, SAS and BI/ Analytics/ Reporting tools, Informatica ETL or equivalent, SQL, RDBMS, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Strong hands-on experience in architecture, design, performance, profiling, and scalability for applications built on Pega platform.
- Knowledge on various Pega Marketing & Decisioning, PRPC concepts and rule types like strategies, offer flows, activities, when rules, functions, data transforms, decision logic, dataflows, datasets, adaptive models, reporting, agents and ruleset management.
- Exposure to a variety to technologies, including object-oriented techniques/principles, database design, application & web servers, not just Pega
- Ability to propose innovative and out-of-the-box solutions for complex business problems
What we are looking for in you
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 5+ years of progressive Pega experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions and applications
- 3+ years of Pega experience in Pega Decisioning and Pega Marketing skills is mandatory
- CPMC, Snr. CPMC, CSSA certification is preferred (Pega 7 + preferred)
- Ability to travel to client locations at least 50% but may be more
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.