Graduate PPC Marketing Associate
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Marketing and Analytics industry, you can tune into one of our webinars to learn more about what our employees do:
Friday 23rd November at 4pm - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5371017938070429954
Want to forge a career in one of the most exciting and dynamic areas of digital marketing? If you’d say you’re a logical person with a love of data and relationship-building, a graduate position in our Paid Search department might be just the ticket.
The start date for this role will be in February 2018. We suggest you get your application in as soon as you've done some research!
Paid Search involves advertising in the sponsored listings of search engines like Google. Every time a user clicks an ad, the advertiser pays the search engine – meaning advertisers need to get their ads in front of the right people at the right time to ensure a cost-effective marketing strategy. Paid Search advertisers therefore consider business goals, target audiences, ad copy and a whole host of other factors when creating and managing campaigns.
We welcome new joiners throughout the year; you can be freshly graduated or looking for a change of career. Following a comprehensive induction programme, our Junior Associates rapidly build a balanced portfolio of clients that vary by size and industry. A crucial part of the role is using specialist platforms to implement Paid Search strategies that deliver on client goals – but the fun doesn’t stop there! We love analysing and identifying performance-boosting opportunities and working with clients to ensure they’re getting the most out of their Paid Search campaigns.
Life as a Graduate Paid Search Marketing Associate at Merkle
- Learning. On day one, you’ll embark on a structured and comprehensive training programme to swot up on the core aspects of account management. Beyond that, you’ll be invited to forums, workshops and other events – we know it’s paramount to keep up with industry trends and developments, so the learning never stops!
- Clients. You’ll foster strong, professional relationships with your clients, keeping in regular contact with them through a variety of mediums. In partnership, you’ll work towards achieving the very best performance for their Paid Search advertising.
- Growth. There’s a huge range of opportunities here at Merkle. You might want to become an ambassador for a particular area of Paid Search or be part of a cross-channel working group – whatever it is, we’ve got the willingness and the know-how to help you on your way!
- Connections. We have excellent relationships with companies like Google and we’re often one of the first agencies in the UK to test brand new betas. Junior Associates attend events at Google and Bing to ensure they’ve got the latest knowledge to support in providing a top-notch service for our clients.
- Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) and working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
What we are looking for in you
- Enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Curiosity about the digital industry and the world of business
- A co-operative and supportive personality; a true team player
- The ability to work autonomously and to efficiently manage multiple projects
- Highly articulate in verbal and written communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Evidence of an excellent academic record
- A strong sense of professionalism and a deep respect for others
- Well-developed logic and reasoning skills, including an aptitude for data analysis
Finally, we expect that you’ll have really done your research into Paid Search. You don’t need to be a pro (we don’t require you to have any previous experience!), but we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site games room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. 4:Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.