Pega Lead Decisioning Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Lead Decisioning Architect (LDA) with strong experience defining decision architecture, solutions & designs for Pega Decisioning and Pega Marketing skillset, solid end to end experience defining solutions, designs, and implementations in Customer Marketing, Contact Strategy, Segmentation, Adaptive Modelling, Campaign Management - Inbound and Outbound and with good experience in distributed systems, large scale non-relational data stores, Big Data platforms, data modeling, database performance, and multi-terabyte data warehouses.
In this role, you will manage a team of decisioning resources and their decision implementation tasks to ensure work is delivered on-time and on-budget. The client will take full advantage of your consistently demonstrated knowledge of industry standard project delivery frameworks including Agile, Waterfall & Scrum.
Ability to communicate decisioning concepts and benefits to multiple stakeholders ranging from Marketing heads and vice presidents to the operational team. The client will need confidence the decision lead knows what they are doing and is an effective leader.
Just as any team lead, you will be called upon to effectively troubleshoot technical issues as they arise during the project lifecycle. Mentoring more junior SDA and DA team members on on-going basis is a must. We also expect participation in internal Merkle Pega projects to help grow the Merkle Pega brand and expertise.
Life as a Lead Decisioning Architect at Merkle
- We are largest global implementation partner for Pega Marketing and Decisioning implementations with Pegasystems
- A rapidly growing Merkle Pega Practice and great opportunity to work with multitude of clients across UK and EMEA regions
- The opportunity to make a tangible impact on Merkle Pega Practice as well as our market-leading clients
- A fun and friendly environment that is collaborative, fast, yet professional!
- Regular, personal interaction with the Merkle Pega leadership team and senior leadership of our clients
- Opportunity for accelerated recognition and rewards, where you’ll see your contributions and great ideas directly impact our business
What we are looking for in you
Responsibilities and Duties
- A highly technical, hands-on, motivated, and collaborative individual with exceptional communication skills and proven experience working with diverse teams of technical architects, business users and IT teams
- Experience in designing and implementing Pega Marketing, CRM and Decisioning solutions on a large scale while applying best practices to the solution
- Excellent in collaboration with sponsors, business stakeholders, Business Analysts, data governance, analytics, functional and technical leads to ensure the right solution is created for the business need
- Excellent knowledge in understanding of CRM and Decisioning
- Excellent time management and organization skills as well as the ability to manage multiple competing business / technical priorities
- Provide excellent insight into Decisioning task estimation and prioritization
- Dedication to a team-oriented environment with the ability to drive and lead by example
- Ability to define and enforce best practices in PEGA Marketing architecture / design / coding
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly; ability to explain it to both business & IT stakeholders
- Strong technical knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools
- Experience with Pega, SAS and BI/ Analytics/ Reporting tools, Informatica ETL or equivalent, SQL, RDBMS, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Strong hands-on experience in architecture, design, performance, profiling, and scalability for applications built on the Pega platform
- Knowledge on various Pega Marketing & Decisioning, PRPC concepts and rule types like strategies, offer flows, activities, when rules, functions, data transforms, decision logic, dataflows, datasets, adaptive models, reporting, agents and ruleset management
- Exposure to a variety to technologies, including object-oriented techniques/principles, database design, application & web servers, not just Pega
- Ability to propose innovative and out-of-the-box solutions for complex business problems
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Unlimited access to Pega Academy and Paid Pega training & certification programs
- Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field
- 7+ years of progressive Pega experience in building and implementing model-driven, enterprise-level business solutions and applications
- 5+ years of Pega experience in Pega Decisioning and Pega Marketing skills is mandatory
- CPMC, Snr. CPMC, CSSA certification is mandatory (Pega 7 preferred)
- Ability to travel to client locations in the UK and Europe at least 50% but may be more
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.