Accounts Receivable Manager
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Accounts Receivable Manager, with accounts receivable specialist experience, to join a fast growing and rapidly changing organisation. Within the last two years Merkle have acquired a number of businesses; this role will initially take ownership of Merkle Periscopix Accounts Receivable, our digital media performance marketing agency and will look to build on this across Merle EMEA.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to make a difference in a growing team, support our International success and develop a career in an organisation where no one day is the same.
We envisage that suitable candidate will bring circa 2-4 years Accounts Receivable experience from a European or Global business (with both UK and International stakeholders) and a good working knowledge of Sage / Navision / Dynamics 365 (preferable).
Life as an Account Receivable Manager at Merkle
• It’s a roll-up your sleeves and get stuck in type of role, ensuring timely billing and collection of all overdue debt
• The role takes ownership of the Accounts Receivable function and manages a team of 1.5 Billings Assistants and 1 Credit Controller
• Has a proactive role in client onboarding, liaising with the Client Service department to ensure efficient and correct invoicing set up
• Resolving billing and payment queries with clients and internal departments is key; Proactively identifying accounts that require extra contact and support is essential
• Actively develop both billing and credit control processes and procedures
• Management of credit insurance process
• General ad hoc activities to support the finance function and wider reporting
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
• Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
• Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
• Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
• On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
• The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
• On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
• Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
• Circa 2-4 years Account Receivable experience from a European or Global business where you are used to dealing with both UK and International stakeholders
• Team management experience with knowledge to grow and develop an effective team
• Good working knowledge of Sage / Navision / Dynamics 365 (ideal)
• IT literate with strong Excel skills (formula skills)
• Comfortable with managing large numbers of invoices and producing accurately
• Clear and confident communication skills; Excellent at engaging with clients, building rapport and relationships. Comfortable talking to a variety of people, internally and externally, in order to find the right solution
• A self-motivated and highly methodical individual
• Resilience to see tasks through
• Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.