Senior Technical Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK; we have made several acquisitions, secured incredible new premises and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
This is a technical role and you will work directly with clients as a technical expert on Marketing Technology solutions, becoming their trusted technical consultant, implementing complex solutions and working with the client to maximise the value of their investment.
We are seeking experience of working as a senior technical consultant on complex Adobe Campaign software implementations with strong consultancy skills. This expert will own the technology deliverables throughout the software implementation lifecycle from project kick off to delivery and on-going support.
This is a client facing role where you will assist in specific technical areas and with the overall solution. The role is a blend of software implementation and configuration with responsibility for providing innovative, value-add marketing technology solutions.
Life as a Senior Technical Consultant at Merkle
- You will from part of and help lead a team of 20 highly skilled consultants, there is not much we don’t know about software implementation!
- The team is all UK and Spain based and regularly gets together for lunch and learn knowledge sharing sessions, we value collaboration and encourage innovation
- The team is experienced in many different software technologies, you will have the option to cross train and enhance your knowledge
- You will work on diverse projects across virtually every sector
- We will invest in the training you need to develop your career, both technical and soft skills
What we are looking for in you:
- At least 3 years’ client facing experience in programming, product configuration and integration of Adobe Campaign (or similar, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud)
- Experience of working on large scalable global multi-channel solutions preferable
- Proficient developing SQL and experience with a RDBMS (SQL Server preferable), MySQL or Oracle
- Experience working with APIs - preferably SOAP and REST based APIs
- Experience of system integrations (CRM, Content Management, POS/Commerce, Call Centre or Web Analytics)
- Experience with dynamic web development, personalization, web analytics, website optimization
- Experience in peer reviewing implementations
- Experience in producing Run book or Client handover documentation
- Any experience with Adobe Campaign Standard version would be an advantage.
- Curiosity to deliver innovative solutions to drive customer satisfaction
- Be prepared to travel or work on Client/Partner site when required, including other regions and abroad
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.