Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Position: Eloqua Architect-Manager
Location: any Merkle office location nationwide (preferrably East coast)
The Eloqua Architect role is focused on delivering world class enterprise marketing cloud solutions. This group is tasked with building specialized enterprise capabilities, utilizing Oracle Eloqua, and will work with internal teams from sales to service around this offering.
Be the primary subject matter expert, helping identify client business needs, mapping their needs to Merkle & Oracle Eloqua solutions, and ultimately executing on the vision.
- Facilitate defining and scoping business requirements, and participation as a subject matter expert in strategy sessions and customer meetings
- Partner with other Merkle constituents to develop marketing automation solutions, ensuring that recommendations are in line with best practices and current thought leadership
- Proven success in driving results-oriented marketing programs and strategies, and the ability to proactively identify opportunities for improvement and optimization
- Extensive expertise and knowledge of B2B marketing automation strategies, vendors, and best practices
- Robust data and analytical skills
- Project management skills and strong attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to manage logistics and tactical details with flawless execution. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Configure, implement and maintain all aspects of the Oracle Eloqua software platform.
- Proactive problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
- Knowledge transfer/training to customers and partners on solution implemented, along with clear documentation
- Have a passion for digital marketing, continually keeping abreast of new developments, with both Eloqua, and across the marketing stack
- Onsite travel to customer sites may be needed (10-20%)
3-5 years of extensive, hands on experience with Oracle Eloqua, in all areas of the system, preferably having served in a large enterprise environment
- Ability to work with sales, technologists, designers, and project managers to identify, document and close consulting engagements for strategic solutions that leverage Oracle Eloqua
- Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding at our clients. Ability to bridge business, marketing and technology personnel
- Experience working in a digital agency, consulting firm or digital marketing organization is a plus
- Eager to learn new applications and technologies
- Passionate about the customer experience and driving customer success
- Ready to be part of a rapidly expanding team
- Able to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience
- Familiarity with Enterprise software and project implementation life cycles is a plus
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- 3+ years of scripting/programming experience
- Deep experience using the Eloqua API
- Experience with working with third party solutions and across digital channels, and integrating with Eloqua
- Technical problem solving skills
- 4-year college degree in a technical field or equivalent
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.