Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Due to significant growth here at Merkle we have a brand new need for a Personal Assistant to support an Executive Vice President (EVP) heading up our EMEA Strategic Business Solutions (SBS) Team and a Senior Vice President (SVP) for Customer Strategy & Transformation within the team. In the future this role will also assume responsibility for one more member of our Leadership team.
Alongside the traditional PA duties there will also be an opportunity to get involved with ad hoc project work. The SBS team is evolving and supporting this group will involve helping set up new forums, working groups and meetings.
Our perfect team member will bring exceptional organisation skills with the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks at any one time. If you are someone who genuinely cares about the people you support, appreciates colour coding and who is always ready to step in and help this could be just the role for you!
The role requires working closely with the Chief of Staff with a strong desire to learn as much as possible about EMEA Operating Model and our Leadership Team in Merkle EMEA.
We anticipate our new PA will bring circa 2 years’ experience from a corporate environment working as an Assistant with extensive diary, expense and travel management experience (a critical requirement for this role).
Life as a Personal Assistant at Merkle
• You will be able to juggle multiple tasks daily and be one step ahead of your Executives
• You will be able to manage inboxes and diaries efficiently
• You will be organised in managing Operational/Management/Team Meetings; setting up rooms, preparing agendas, following up on the actions, organising content, making sure all the necessary IT equipment is available and set up
• Organising and facilitating a new European Strategy Community of Practice, including ensuring EMEA leads meet regularly, helping to plan the sessions logistically mapping strong agendas
• Assisting with the SBS proposition development process, ensuring content is gathered and distributed to the correct audience
• Able to order catering and setting up lunches, researching and booking restaurants
• Liaise with airlines and our travel agencies to book travel
• Competently log and track expenses
• Be an important part of our ‘Dream Team’ – we care for one another and are always happy to help each other, attend some cool events together (that are beneficial to our roles) and have some bonding team lunches and activities we do together!
• Love opportunities to learn and grow with a view to support your career development and ensure you have everything you need to make an impact
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too!
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
• It is anticipated the suitable candidate will have circa 2+ years’ experience as an Assistant involving extensive diary, expense and travel management (with experience of working across different time zones is highly desirable!)
• You will have experience of supporting senior stakeholders in a complex, busy and fast paced corporate environment; this will include supporting stakeholders that frequently traveling Internationally
• You will be patient and caring; we are a ‘people’ business, selling our peoples’ time to our clients and some of our key people simply forgetful and without YOU may be lost
• You will enjoy doing expenses - or at least won’t mind doing them on time!
• Positive can-do attitude with real enthusiasm; you care about what you do, you are excited to learn more and are always ready to help
• Excellent organisation skills and judgement with ability to assess/juggle competing authorities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A team player with the ability/willingness to work closely with others to ensure that the business runs smoothly and efficiently
• Presentation skills – if you like PowerPoint, we like you!
• Ability to be occasionally accessible outside of normal office hours
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.