Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We have a rare and exciting opening for an Account Director to join our team here at Merkle. Reporting directly into a Client Partner/Client Engagement lead you will be a key part of the senior team on key accounts and will be the main go-to person for the clients you’ll be working on and their other agencies.
You will have ownership of 2 clients, with responsibility for commercials, account development & growth in addition to management of a matrix team to deliver successful database developments, campaigns, data insight and strategic planning.
As the most senior day-to-day agency contact across your client accounts, you are the strategic client lead that builds strong working relationships with clients, understands the challenges they face, their business, marketing and commercial objectives and works with them to create best in class work that answers briefs and exceeds expectations.
This is a management role, with direct management of some reports and with accountability for a wider matrix team. You will also be supported by a Project Manager.
Life as an Account Director at Merkle
You play a pivotal role in supporting the Client Partner and Client Engagement Lead in defining and implementing best-in-class client services across your accounts.
With the support of your team, it will be your responsibility to ensure operational excellence is maintained across all areas of the account; including project delivery, database management, campaign delivery, email management and campaign reporting.
You will work closely with key client stakeholders and internal matrix teams to ensure that key milestones and deliverables are clear, adhered to and delivered to spec and on time.
As part of your role you will also work with multiple teams within Merkle including, analytics, solutions development, strategy and consulting as well as some of the wider Dentsu Network agencies including Vizeum and McGarryBowen.
You will have commercial responsibility alongside the Client Partner for management of financial forecasts and revenue projections, identifying new revenue opportunities and proactively driving these forward.
The Account Director will be a strategic partner to strategy on the business, be able to think outside the box and bring insightful and relevant info internally and to Client.
What we are looking for in you
• We anticipate the suitable candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience working in a digital/CRM/Data agency or client-side experience with thorough knowledge of databases and data driven marketing, campaign delivery and managing end to end CRM/Marketing programs – experience in media is preferred but not essential
• A good understanding and experience in Omni-channel marketing strategies and solutions
• Ability to lead teams and build strong working relationships with your clients as well as third parties such as media agency, creative agency and data suppliers
• Ability to manage multiple projects in parallel - your ability to create and streamline processes will be second to none
• Ability to identify additional revenue opportunities and proactively driving these internally and presenting them to the client
• Ability to converse fluently with a technical and non-technical audience both internally and externally
• Experience of managing commercials; working to agreed/scoped budgets & resource levels
• Ability to work closely with multiple teams to understand and drive the value of a client CEP, data analytics, including customer targeting and audience creation
• Automotive and or F&B experience would be an advantage, but not essential
• Tenacity, hard work and pragmatism!
• The role will require some travel and work at the Dentsu offices in London as well as onsite at the client’s offices based in Birmingham, Bracknell and Frankfurt
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.