Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Sr. Drupal Developer/Architect role will be responsible for taking Drupal 7/8 projects through the entire life cycle. You will work as the technical lead and will be directly involved in the design, development, and testing of multiple Drupal sites. This position will also document and support the sites and extensions throughout the production life cycle. The position will include both working with project teams in an Agile environment and self-directed activities. The position’s responsibilities require independent analysis, communication, and problem solving. Work is performed with little supervision and requires initiative, organization, and judgment. Simulates or recreates customer problems to resolve operating difficulties.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Experience in following Agile development practices
- Ability to get things done without being micromanaged
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical proficiency to accurately document code
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
- Performs role of subject matter expert for Drupal
- Advanced interpersonal skills and ability to work/learn as part of a team
- Advanced knowledge of ticket based tracking system
- Advanced organizational and prioritization skills
- Advanced skill in providing confident and polite customer service
- Advanced troubleshooting and configuration skills
- Advanced technical knowledge of PC hardware and software products and support
- Advanced troubleshooting technical issues via phone and in-person
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors degree, plus a minimum of 6 years of experience in application development
- Minimum 4 years of experience developing with Drupal 7/8
- 4+ years experience with creating custom Drupal modules
- 4+ years experience maintaining and administering Drupal modules
- 4+ years experience with PHP
- 4+ years experience with Drupal theme layer
- 4+ years experience with AJAX and SOAP/RESTful API usage
- Experience with Magento a big plus
- Deep SQL database experience (Oracle, MS SQL, My SQL)
- Experience utilizing BitBucket, GitHub, Jira and Confluence
- Experience with Acquia as a hosting platform desirable
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.