Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager (TPM) who can bring solid experience in successfully managing and delivering a variety of web-based Content Management Systems (CMS) projects. The type of project can vary from a platform migration, a project that has been inherited from another party through to a BAU based time and resources retainer. You will need to be able to manage a project from its initiation, through UX and Design, implementation through to its ongoing optimisation.
You will join a growing Global team who are all passionate about how we can make a real impact through inspiring our clients to enhance their Digital Experience offering.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• The ability to create detailed project management and delivery plans to ensure web-based software projects are delivered as planned.
• Manage multi-discipline and remote teams to successfully deliver projects (across time zones).
• Help to define scope, schedule plan, resourcing requirements, project objectives, project deliverables and key target milestones.
• Plan and execute the delivery of all projects assigned to your project team within the required project constraints (Scope, Cost & Schedule).
• Ensure timely internal and client communications on progress updates, dependencies, constraints, risk, and issues and etc.
• Support in defining user stories, user journeys and acceptance criteria and manage communication and escalation effectively.
As part of the delivery team you will work alongside global Merkle and client teams to both grow our engagements and deliver on our promises whilst always executing at the highest standard. This is a lead role in our business and has both client facing and commercial responsibilities.
Working closely with the Client Partner, Technical, UX, Delivery and Account Management leads; you will be a key part of the Digital Experience team overseeing the cross-functional team members focused on delivering an exceptional service and associated changes for your clients.
Life as a Technical Project Manager at Merkle
We’re an agency, so your role will have a broad, diverse set of responsibilities within a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Any week might include pitching to a new client; reviewing and planning for growth opportunities; delivering large digital projects; working on-site helping our existing clients make those compelling connections to drive growth; or defining and delivering enhancements to our technical project management processes or systems.
You will be part of a strong, highly performance team within the business, with a reputation for excellence in execution and enjoying ourselves whilst we’re at it! There’s a clear career path and development plan for every team member to help us realise our potential and have the maximum possible impact on the business.
Our delivery team is global, and we work with clients across EMEA so there may be a need to travel.
• Strong experience (anticipated circa 4-6+ years) of simultaneously managing multiple client facing projects involving technical platform implementations, with responsibility for both delivery and the profitability of the project and client portfolios.
• Experience in successfully delivering web-based experience projects on Content Management Systems (such AEM/Sitecore).
• Must have worked in Agile/Scrum/Kanban project methodologies and an understanding of other project delivery methodologies such as waterfall/RUP.
• Strong internal and external relationship builder, skilled in negotiation, facilitation and influence, and with a collaborative mind-set and attitude.
• Strong attention to detail and uncompromising attitude to quality and time management.
• Have excellent documentation skills and the ability to create various sorts of project management, business analysis and technical documentation.
• Experience in working within an Agency is desirable.
• Strong knowledge of the Atlassian suite (Jira/Confluence) and other project management tools.
• Proven ability to manage a high-volume workload and handle the pressures that brings
• Project & CMS certification, i.e. APMP, PRINCE2, ScrumMaster, Adobe Business Practitioner is highly desirable.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.