Client Service - 5 - Client Service (Account Director)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,200 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 17 additional offices in the US and 10 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network
· The Account Director will collaborate closely with the Engagement Lead and Delivery Leads in establishing and maintaining strong partnerships with clients by providing thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives and providing overall efficient account management.
· The Account Director will work closely and indirectly oversee team members from shared services (e.g., Strategy, Analytics, Technology, etc.) who will help identify, drive, and implement solutions for our client.
· Accountable for overall account management activities, Directors serve as leaders within a client team overseeing an account management team as well as maintaining indirect responsibility for shared service work activity.
· Directors have a deep understanding of industry and/or CRM practices and are able to interpret and lead client discussions on results and trending subjects. Directors drive new business by ensuring key program goals are met and collaborate and lead others to provide best in class work.
Key Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's degree required
· 8+ years of client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side. Client-side experience must include a leadership role.
· Experience managing large, complex accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components
· Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc. Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce). Responsible for profit and loss on an account
· Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
· Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; possess strong people management skills
· Proven strategic leadership and cross-team program management in a matrix environment
· Solid understanding of all key channels (e-mail, Web, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Search, Display and other Digital services etc,)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Fluent English
· Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve
· Ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
· Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
· Typical travel requirement of 30% to 50% including internal to Merkle, with clients and prospects, and industry events. Travel will fluctuate with activity and opportunity and at times the requirement will be greater.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.