Technology Strategy Analyst - Implementations
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for individuals to join and shape the fast growing Marketing Technology practice within Merkle’s Enterprise Technology Strategy team. The group helps Fortune 500 marketing and technology leaders craft their customer marketing technology vision. Our focus is on enabling capability assessments and recommendations across digital marketing technology, core database marketing infrastructure, and data integration combined with Merkle’s technology, analytics, and agency heritage gives us a unique value proposition to deliver on our recommendations.
As such, the marketing technology practice helps our clients understand:
- Where they are today with respect to their enabling capabilities across the entire marketing technology and advertising technology ecosystem (digital, offline, multi-media, measurement, data management
- How their current state capabilities align to industry best practices, competitors, and their business need
- What technology initiatives and functionality will enable them to achieve their business goals, while crafting the vision of their future state from an enabling capability perspective on how to implement technology capabilities over time, detailing business benefits and value, while improving marketing, CRM, and media performance
We are looking to grow our Marketing Technology Consulting Practice and are seeking an experienced marketing technology consultant who can:
- Drive a compelling marketing technology point of view related to the ability to utilize both known and anonymous customer information to inform multi-media marketing execution and decisions
- Provide expertise, vendor knowledge, and industry best practices across digital technology components including:
- Data Management Platform (DMP)
- Digital Analytics and Measurement
- Decision Management and Personalization
- Tag and Pixel Management
- Content Management
- Demand Side Platforms (DSP) and Ad-Serving
- Core CRM skills
- Identity Management
- Customer Data Integration (CDI) and Digital Data Integration (DDI)
- Marketing Database and/or Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Business Intelligence
- Develop recommendations for how to best leverage information and technology to drive programs across all channels and media including:
- Direct Mail
- Display – specifically programmatic display across traditional and social media platforms
- Paid Social
- Outline how all CRM and digital technology components work together to support improved digital targeting or measurement capabilities
- Translate technology investments into direct and measurable business results
- Build relationships and manage client expectations by facilitating and driving client meetings and discussions, defining project objectives and approach, managing day to day delivery efforts
- Support Merkle’s commercial interests in the execution of a consulting engagement including project definition, scoping, management, and delivery
- Support business development activities including identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
- Develop client relationship with senior level executives
- Partner with other Merkle constituents in management consulting, digital agency, quantitative analytics, and technology deployment to ensure recommendations are in line with best practices and current thought leadership
- Participate in practice building activities (e.g. conference participation, thought leadership development, market offering development, recruiting, asset development) and author case studies / white papers for internal and market consumption
Key Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Masters degree preferred. Course focus on engineering, computer science, marketing, or mathematics preferred.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in consulting, technology or IT related field.
- 1 – 3 years’ experience in digital marketing implementation and execution specific to site, display, mobile and search marketing.
- Subject matter expertise in technologies and tools to support digital marketing media across at least 2 of the following digital channels: site, display, search, mobile and social.
- Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, customer data integration, analytic modeling, campaign management and business intelligence systems.
- Experience working in a digital agency, digital marketing provider, digital software provider, digital marketing organization, digital consulting firm or marketing service provider.
- Ability to be very “client Facing”, and over time potentially present to a room full of marketing technologists and executives.
- Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding at our clients. Ability to bridge marketing and technology personnel.
- Strong MS PowerPoint skills and ability to present to technical, business, and marketing audiences
- Strong MS Excel skills S
- Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects and initiatives
- A self-starting orientation within a fast-paced environment with an intense desire/drive to “make things happen”
- Preferred position location in Merkle core office locations but must have the ability to travel about 50%
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.