Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Due to significant business growth, we are looking to hire an experienced Recruitment Partner to work in a team to deliver extraordinary talent to our Digital business via our direct hiring model. The role will cover end to end recruitment, contract and permanent, for both technical and non-technical roles in our Performance Marketing and Digital space (Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social, SEO, UX, Analytics, Creative). Our business won 16 industry awards last year and we won Performance Marketing Agency of the Year at the Drum Search Awards. We are highly regarded in the industry across all paid media and performance marketing so come and join us!
Networking and building talent pipelines will be your passion to ensure that we attract and hire the best talent available to us the marketplace. The ideal candidate will have experience of working agency side (with relevant sector experience), or in-house (RPO experience welcome) and have a hunger to source new talent quickly to meet the business’s needs.
Life as a Recruitment Partner at Merkle
• Work closely with the Head of Experienced Hires to understand the hiring plan and agenda
• Seek to understand individual requirements for each role you are working on and identify specific skills sets to match
• Build solid relationships with Hiring Managers’ helping to build business case justifications, role profiles and offer guidance on salary bandings and market rates
• Proactively identify and market map talent in our sector headhunt individuals talking knowledgeably and selling the opportunities we offer
• Grow a solid network of contacts and build strong active and passive talent pipeline
• Provide imaginative solutions to sourcing scarce talent
• Screen applications sourced via job boards
• Build good relationships with PSL agencies when required
• Advertise across aggregators and job boards
• Build and share a strong knowledge and understanding of competitor landscape
• Conduct initial telephone screening interviews to qualify candidates
• Administer testing sessions when required
• Organise interview schedules including booking meeting rooms and diarising, sending candidate confirmations and logging recruitment activity
• Collate and record interview feedback
• Manage expectations of hiring managers in terms of hiring timeframes, availability of candidates, pipelines etc.
• Collate hiring justifications and seek sign off for roles
• Log and track candidate applications and interviews in our ATS, SmartRecruiters
• Ensure Time To Hire is kept to a minimum
• Provide recruitment reporting on open and filled roles
• Handle and protect Company and Group information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures, ensuring GDPR compliance always
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
• Circa 4-5 years’ experience (RPO or direct employer) managing the end to end recruitment process with a focus on the Performance Marketing and Media sector (Programmatic, Paid Search, Paid Social, SEO, UX, Analytics, Creative).
• Experience of permanent and contract hiring
• Research and headhunting must be your passion and forte; Proactive approach to seeking out the best talent in the market place
• Experience of using tools such as LinkedIn Recruiter to identify and headhunt talent
• Maintain a professional approach to represent our business with the ability to build good relationships with candidates and extract relevant information required
• Experience of working to KPIs and understanding the importance of reporting and tracking recruitment activity and sharing information across the team
• Experience of using an ATS
• Outstanding organisational skills with the ability to multi task and juggle several competing priorities and roles
• Experience of posting effective adverts on job boards
• Team player with ability to work with remote staff across offices
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with internal stakeholders from junior staff through to gaining Board level gravitas
• Ability to operate in fast paced environment with a real passion and hunger to fill roles and work with the business as a trusted recruitment partner maintaining the ethos that recruitment is an urgent business!
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.