Senior Google Cloud Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is looking for experienced Google Cloud professional to be part of its Cloud practice. You will be working on industry leading Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to design, develop, and implement next generation Marketing solutions leveraging Cloud native and Commercial/Open Source Big Data technologies.
As a Senior Google Cloud Architect, you will
• be the force behind shaping the future of our Cloud strategy practice by leading innovation efforts and developing Intellectual Property
• be client facing in advising them on GCP optimized architectures for data management, help develop roadmaps for on-prem to Cloud migration efforts
• be hands-on in developing prototypes and conducting Proof of Concepts
• act as a trusted advisor to client on all things GCP
• Participate in crafting customer facing proposal responses
• Participate in technical interactions with client’s executives and senior management
• Mentor client/Merkle resources on GCP and its services
• Evaluate and analyze new commercial/open-source services/technologies offered by public Cloud providers, and Big Data technology vendors
• Interface with Cloud/Technology provider’s Product Managers, and Engineers
• Develop reference architectures and design pattern library for typical Cloud based Marketing solutions implementations
• Participate in creating new services capabilities, productized solution offerings and document
• Advise on Cloud project set up, security and role based access implementation, and network optimizations
• Advise on DevOps strategy and methodology
• Create customer facing pre-sales collateral such as demos, technical presentations
Key Skills and Experience
• Be hands-on
• Understanding of Google cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
• Certified Google Cloud Data Engineer
• Minimum 10 years experience in data warehouse/data engineering with strong hands-on experience in ETL
• Proven track record of building technical and business relationships with senior executives
• Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow up
• Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where and when needed, to do what’s right for the customer
• Exceptional verbal and written communication
• Ability to connect technology with measurable business value
• Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations
• Certified Google Cloud Data Engineer
• 5+ years of technical management and though leadership role delivering success in complex data analytics environment, managing various stakeholders relationships to get consensus on solution
• 5+ year’s design and/or implementation of highly distributed applications
• 2+ years’ experience in “migrating” on premise workloads to one or more industry leading public cloud(s)
• Experience in AGILE development, SCRUM and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) with programming experience in one or more of the following areas: Java, Python, PHP, Perl
• Technical architectural and development experience on Massively Parallel Processing technologies, such as Hadoop, Spark, Teradata, Netezza, Hadoop
• Technical architectural and development experience on one or more Data Integration technologies, such as Ab Initio, Talend, Pentaho, Informatica, Data Stage, Map Reduce
• Technical architectural experience on Data Visualization technologies, such as Tableau, Qlik, etc.
• Technical architectural experience on data modeling, designing data structures for business reporting
• Deep understanding of Advanced Analytics, such as predictive, prescriptive, etc.
• Working knowledge of cloud components: Software design and development, Systems Operations / Management, Database architecture, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, IT Security
• Technical prowess and passion-especially for public Cloud, modern Application design practices and principles. Certifications on Cloud Platform preferred.
• Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to operations support teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to both large and small audiences
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.