Account Executive (Client Services)
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing’ and are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; Merkle’s growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a new acquisition under Merkle, this role sits within Merkle | DWA who are currently expanding their team.
We're are now looking for an Account Executive (AE) who is interested in developing their career in media and advertising. The AE will work closely with Account Managers and Account Directors to produce and maintain media plans, whilst building on their existing media knowledge.
Life as an Account Executive at DWA
- Account Management
- Coordinate weekly updates on all accounts to be shared via email with the company
- Work closely with media team colleagues to review action item deliverables on a daily basis
- Maintain account files and documentation on server
- Update client status reports
- Prepare screenshot presentations
- Gather market and media research, and compile competitive spend reports
- Work closely with media and account teams to develop and maintain media plans
- Format, proof, and prepare PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Prepare POVs (point of views) on opportunities presented to us
- Train Interns alongside the Account Manager
- Send thank you notes for gifts and services
- Schedule media owner meetings
- Finance & Profitability
- Prepare media authorizations and maintain updates on PO tracker
- Monitor and reconcile client/vendor billing
- Issue insertion orders (IOs) and change orders (COs)
- Maintain client media buy details
- Prepare and maintain online creative traffic masters – gather ad specs to be shared with client/creative agencies
- Manage due dates of tracking reports
- Work with media team colleagues to track online programs – pacing, performance, etc.
- Traffic lead gen assets as needed
- Prepare and maintain reconciliation reports, including running reports from ad-servers to update booking system with current month end activity
- Collect leads from media partners, and organise, scrub, and prepare summaries as needed
- Internal/Vendor Relationships
- Assist in sending vendor RFPs and collect/organise completed RFPs
What we are looking for in you
The ideal candidate will have a passion for this industry and the willingness to help on a range of different projects and tasks, from briefing publishers to joining client calls and compiling reports. Experience is beneficial but in no way essential. We have on-the job training to get everyone up to scratch.
We would want to see:
- BA or BS degree
- 0-2 years of experience
- Passion for the advertising industry
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, with mathematical understanding
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PPT) and ability to adapt to/learn new technologies
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Creative and willing to contribute to brainstorming/strategy sessions
- Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
- Related internship/job experience is a huge plus if no previous experience
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Free Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.