SEO Manager (German speaking)
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
Please note this is a Fixed Term contract role for 6 months based client side 4 days a week in Hammersmith and 1 day in our office, London Bridge.
We are looking for a qualified Website & SEO Manager to join our Digital team in London. You will be responsible for the customization of local websites and content publishing on owned channels and in charge of implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) within the market, closely working with our global SEO team and partner agency.
Life as a SEO Manager at Merkle
- Customize the local websites using pre-configured templates from OC and according to legal & cultural restrictions
- Publish updates on local news, events, loyalty programs, brand information, educational modules, etc. on owned channels B2C & B2B, and maintain local store finder
- Collaborate with external publishing agencies
- Support SEO (e.g., define local keywords, improve search performance, optimize landing pages and diversify sources of traffic by using local search engines)
- Support local markets with SEO efforts for Local Sites (e.g., develop new linking opportunities, maintain link portfolio for PMI’s websites, monitor SERPs)
- Ensure SEO best practices are being used in PR & Social Media
- Maintains digital retail footprint by ensuring Google My Business Center and other local directories have the latest retail store, kiosk and store within store updates
- Set up store review monitoring for Rapid Response
- Disavow local negative links in Google Search Console
- Fluent English and German, Czech would be a bonus
- Experience in an SEO role within an agency environment or a CG company
- Well organized and highly structured individual, with ability to give attention to detail
- Up to date with the SEO industry and latest trends
- Be able to demonstrate extensive experience within an SEO role and have strong analytical capabilities
- University degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications or related field
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.