(Senior) Lead Sales
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data,technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This role is responsible for the growth of Merkle’s revenue through the acquisition of New Logo prospects and select New Existing opportunities. This individual will own and drive the sales process in the attainment of new business while helping developing the Go-To-Market strategy with sales lead. This role effectively work across Dentsu Group Corporation to identify and drive specific solutions for their prospects, facilciate the pitch process, drive the solutions proposal preparation, negotiate contracts and drive the kick-off of new client engagements working closely with the Client Relationship Leader and/or Client Engagement Leader.
Drive business growth for Merkle with new and existing accounts - this includes but not limited to:
1) Responding to and owning sales efforts for RFPs
2) Working with the Enterprise Sales Executives to partner in closing new sales opportunities:
- Generate and develop New Logo opportunities in order to increase revenue through cold calling/prospecting
- Schedule appointments with influencers and decision makers at New Logo prospects, with the goal of identifying new opportunities, as well as with Existing Clients, with the goal of identifying new revenue opportunities.
- Design and present professional demonstrations and presentations of Merkle’s products and services
- Effectively and proactively attend conferences and trade shows at both an Industry
- Provide competitive and market intelligence to country OG Sales Executives
3) Cross-selling within and between not only Dentsu Group Corporation but also Merkle internal OGs
- Sell through platform alliance
- Cross sell in Dentsu Group Corporation and make sure the internal alliance
4) Maintain selected customer relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base leveraging existing clients and solutions
- Manage the client's specific sales process, set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Perform updating and maintenance of accounts of customer including contact names, numbers, call history and opportunity details in SalesForce.com
- Keep the sales status updated in SFDC, and own the number of accuracy
Achieve pre-established sales and revenue goals, complete training plans and hitting all assigned quarterly/annual objectives
Key Skills and Experience
- Outstanding Consultative Selling abilities and excellent Interpersonal skills with client business stakeholders at senior level
- Excellent Organizational, Communication and Presentation skills with an attention to detail Internet savvy and proficient with a sales database (Salesforce.com) and office productivity tools (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Familiar with Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) and Digital Marketing domain including Consumer Engagement, People-based Marketing, Data Mining & Analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of the Database Marketing and Agency marketplace
- At least 2 years Sales experience in Marketing services or related industries with a focus on Database, Data, Analytics and Consulting products and services
- Recent proven success with New Logo wins in the Financial Services, Insurance, Life Sciences, Travel/Media/Entertainment, Retail, or Hi-Tech marketplace; Established contacts and relationships with potential customers
- Strong ability and desire to prospect
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Must have a history of quota attainment in outside sales and strong client/agency relationships
- Develop strong internal relationships within their respective Vertical, Business Units and across Merkle
- Maintain professionalism and tact to portray the company in a positive manner
- Gain and maintain knowledge on all Merkle products, services and tools by attending MU, departmental, Sales and corporate training meetings
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.