Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Marketing Campaign Applications Architect will work with our internal business units to architect, design and oversee campaign solution deployments. Extensive interaction with our client and corporate infrastructure, business analysts and project and production teams is required to ensure that we meet our goal: superior client service and on-time delivery. This position works in concert with other members of the Marketing campaign applications group as well as a wide variety of other groups responsible for creating new client solutions, streamlining and optimizing existing solutions and troubleshooting activities when necessary. A candidate with knowledge of both marketing and technical database system/marketing campaign management software is desired.
- Work with the business to craft new solutions using Adobe Campaign, SFMC, Unica or Redpoint.
- Provide guidance and oversight to solution leads and developers
- Interface directly with internal teams, to address and manage client requests and communicate status – in person, via phone and/or email
- Respond to internal requests for solution assistance on deployed campaign platforms within our production organization
- Be able to understand, customize and optimize the entire campaign management process, to include new campaign requirements, development test, production execution and quality control
- Provide guidance on Integrating of Marketing technologies and tools
- In-depth knowledge of:
- Online Digital marketing technology landscape and digital data integration (Display, Search, Site and Publishers) - a big plus
- Offline (Campaign, BI, Model) marketing execution
- DB integration and execution experience in tools like Pega, Unica, Alterian, RedPoint, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos et al) - a big plus
- Data architecture, Database, Process (ETL and services) and Identity Management
- Open source (GNU, Apache, Java, Linux, HDFS et al) tool and technology experience a must
- Real-time application integration (web services) experience a must
- Ability to articulate feasible technology choices that meet the requirements; ability to put forth a viable, scalable technology point of view; be knowledgeable and conversant with the offline and online (digital) marketing technology landscape
- Ability to bridge business & technical requirements to provide a cohesive, seamless solution to scale and perform
- Ability to wear multiple technology hats across systems integration, technology consulting and technology solution design and architecture
- Ability to participate and lead technology discussions with prospects (RFP support)
- Experience in leading large scale technology implementations including understanding of scoping, estimation, and managing timeline/budget
- Experience in legacy migration and re-platform of technology solutions
- Ability to lead technology conversations with Sr. Management (be an internal and external technology solutions evangelist) and be the technology voice of the solution
- Responsible and accountable for the underlying client technology solution architecture
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in Information Systems, Business Management, or prior experience in campaign systems
- Experience with one or more of Adobe Campaign, SFMC, Unica, Alterian, IMS, SAS MA
- Understand Marketing platforms and ways to integrate systemsDetail-oriented and organized - able to balance changing workload
- Excellent verbal communication and comprehension skills
- Experience in the following a big plus:
- SQL Server/ Netezza/ Oracle or higher knowledge
- J2EE platforms and solutions (Windows, Unix, Weblogic, Websphere)
mation will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.