Merkle | Aquila is a data analytics company focused on extracting the maximum value from data, translating it into decisions which empower our clients to take better actions.
We are a growing team based in Edinburgh, London Derby and Bristol. As we expand into new markets, we are always on the look-out for talented and experienced practitioners to work on a number of exciting projects. We offer a relaxed but dynamic environment, with a culture of mutual respect and support. Our people love working here because of the interesting variety of our projects, the great people and the freedom to deliver.
In June 2017 we joined the Merkle organisation as part of its drive to become a worldwide leader in personalised data-driven digital marketing. Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network, is major Global player in this market, and together we are working to build a unified operation to deliver best-in-class services worldwide. Together we are working to build a uniﬁed operation with market leading capabilities.
In this role you join the Analytics arm of the Data Intelligence (DI) team dedicated to one of Merkle’s biggest clients in EMEA. The DI team, comprising of Analysts and Planners, works closely with Account Managers to enable the client to make better evidence led marketing decisions to help shape and support the clients CRM strategy. Analysts in the DI team are responsible for providing insights (both structured reporting and ad hoc investigations). As an analytical consultant you will be responsible for delivering clear insights and ensuring timely delivery of projects. In this role you will be working closely with Solution Delivery Manager to proactively identify opportunities to add value to the client via insights.
For this role, you should have a background in data, business analysis and ideally knowledge of campaign evaluation frameworks. You should have excellent project and stakeholder management skills, and an agile mindset.
Life as a CRM Analyst at Merkle | Aquila
- Liaise with Account Managers and Planners, and if required, client stakeholders to develop a deep understanding of business problems, and create analytical solutions to support the CRM strategy
- Be confident leading day-to-day interactions with clients – using your excellent communication skills to understand what they need and helping them look like superstars to their internal stakeholders
- Translates requirements into analytical briefs and translate outputs into business action – to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Carry out analysis to produce commercially focused results using data science approaches when appropriate
- Work closely with Solutions Delivery Manager & Account Managers and Planners to identify opportunities, communicate blockers and assist in prioritising the Analyst workstack
- Proactively upskill your fellow teammates through our ‘Aquila School sessions’
• 2 + years experience of working in a business analytical environment
• Strong experience of SAS, SQL and Excel
• Bachelor’ s degree in mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics or related discipline
• Strong commercial awareness and business acumen
• Clarity and precision in verbal and written communications
• Experience in project and stakeholder management
• Ability to work in a flexible environment
• Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, statistics, operational research, economics or related discipline
• Expertise in Campaign Evaluation frameworks
• Experience with building scalable and automated reporting
• Knowledge of data visualization software
• Experience working within the Automotive industry
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.