Solutions Delivery Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, industry-leading, growing analytics team that works with some of the biggest global brands. Merkle|Aquila exists to accelerate businesses on their journey to generate maximum value from data and enable them to make data-led decisioning to benefit their business.
You will lead multi-discipled teams to ensure successful delivery of client projects on time and on budget. An ideal candidate for this role will have a good grounding in customer analytics and experience managing project teams to ensure clients expectations are met and the work is delivered to a high standard. Managing client stakeholders and ensuring project governance through structured project management techniques is vital to the role.
Examples of projects you are likely to lead are: delivering and deployment of propensity models, segmentations, lifetime customer value or econometrics. You will be required to lead multi-discipled teams, building good working relationship to ensure that the team can gain trust and loyalty from the client, embedding the them within the client organisation.
Life as a Solutions Delivery Manager at Merkle | Aquila
· You will manage the delivery of analytical & engineering projects to clients – delivering a wide range of analytical solutions to clients across multiple sectors
· You will work in an award winning analytics team of over 90 statistical analysts, data scientists and data engineers across multiple UK sites. This provides a fantastic opportunity to work alongside the best and gain knowledge from regular sharing sessions with the wider analytics team and the whole agency.
· You will typically work on 2-3 clients across projects and your level of hands-on with the data will be dependent on projects complexity and pace. This provides variety in your work, opportunity of working with different team members and the benefit of keeping up to date with industry innovative solutions.
· Your projects may vary from 4-6 weeks or 12-18 months where you will be forging a relationship with stakeholders while helping the team deliver a solution that meets the client’s expectations. You may have to be hands on with the data when the team is stretched, but ultimately you will be responsible for delivering on time and on budget.
· You will be working closely with your client director, to identify new opportunities within client to help them along their analytical journey
· Generally, when working on a project, you will be responsible for the following: -
o Work with the client to attain a fit for purpose solution to fulfill a business aim/objective
o Scoping out the project plan and with key milestones
o Lead a team of Analysts/Engineers to develop and implement solution. By providing clear and precise briefing of analysis and ensuring interpreting of results is driving a compelling story to presenting back to key stakeholders.
o Anticipating project risk and constraints and proactively working towards resolving them
o Ensuring the quality of analysis is in line with QA and Governance guidelines.
o Navigate complex stakeholder tiers to priorities work and understand the level of detail needing in presentations
o Ensure project at all stages is delivering on time and on budget
· Generally, when working within Merkle|Aquila you will strive to develop: -
o A forward-looking vision, leading and inspiring at all levels of the organisation
- A highly engaged team of talented Analysts, by proactively appointing, retaining and developing top level talent that inspires the trust and confidence of our clients
- Proactively contributing to improve and drive more efficient ways of working
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle | Aquila social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too!
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance, health insurance and other corporate benefits
· 28 days Annual Leave plus your birthday off
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Professionally qualified/relevant degree
· 2-3 years experience in an analytical role
· A good grounding in customer analytics with 2-3 years leadership or consultancy experience
· QA and Governance understanding related to sector
· Strong presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
· Able to set a forward-looking vision, in order to lead and inspire at all levels
· Build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, working cross-functionally throughout the organisation
· Anticipate project risk and constraints and implement appropriate solutions, delegating as appropriate
· Managing priorities across a complex stakeholder matrix
· Managing highly engaged teams of top talent, including hiring, retaining, developing and engaging employees, across all levels of the organisation
· Experience of managing the financial aspects of the business
· Client portfolio experience including the client strategy, tactics, forecasts, budget, projections, and performance metrics
· New business development activity and pitch involvement
· Mentoring and/or Coaching for a variety of roles across an organisation
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.