Senior SEO Associate (European Language Required)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Please note this role is based client side 4 days a week in St Paul's and 1 day in our office, London Bridge.
We are looking for a qualified Website & SEO Manager to join our Digital team in London. You will be responsible for the customization of local websites and content publishing on owned channels and in charge of implementing effective search engine optimization (SEO) within the market, closely working with our global SEO team and partner agency.
Life as a Senior SEO Associate at Merkle
- Customize the local websites using pre-configured templates from OC and according to legal & cultural restrictions
- Publish updates on local news, events, loyalty programs, brand information, educational modules, etc. on owned channels B2C & B2B, and maintain local store finder
- Collaborate with external publishing agencies
- Support SEO (e.g., define local keywords, improve search performance, optimize landing pages and diversify sources of traffic by using local search engines)
- Support local markets with SEO efforts for Local Sites (e.g., develop new linking opportunities, maintain link portfolio for PMI’s websites, monitor SERPs)
- Ensure SEO best practices are being used in PR & Social Media
- Maintains digital retail footprint by ensuring Google My Business Center and other local directories have the latest retail store, kiosk and store within store updates
- Set up store review monitoring for Rapid Response
- Disavow local negative links in Google Search Console
- Fluent English + another European language required
- Experience in an SEO role within an agency or client-side
- Well organized and highly structured individual, with ability to give attention to detail
- Up to date with the SEO industry and latest trends
- Be able to demonstrate extensive experience within an SEO role and have strong analytical capabilities
- University degree in Sales, Marketing, Communications or related field
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.