Senior Account Manager
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking.
The Senior Account Manager is a key team member across selected key DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Leading client relationships autonomously you will be responsible for implementational planning and buying across your designated clients. This will include but not limited to; strategic planning, pre- and post campaign reporting and financial administration.
The SAM will have responsibility of managing the AM’s and AE’s, whilst managing up to their Client Director. You will be expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research. As well as be able to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Key responsibilities include;
- A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities.
- Training and mentoring other members of the team including those at account manager and exec level. Being accountable for their growth and development.
- Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations.
- Pre- and post campaign reporting.
- Conducting competitor analysis as and when required.
- Manage key client relationships including thise with media owners and marketing teams based client side.
- Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors.
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
- We would expect to see candidates with 3-5 years’ experience, with comprehensive digital planning knowledge.
- Strong account management with the ability to lead client conversations.
- Preferably management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills.
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios.
- Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization.
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability.
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools).
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients.
- Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships.
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.