Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are seeking an FP&A Manager to join our growing Finance function. This is a pivotal role in the business, working together with our business leaders in Marketing Solutions (£60m operation) to control and optimise several revenue lines. This is an exciting time to be joining Merkle as we move towards fully integrating with the Dentsu Aegis Network. This role reports into the Merkle UK Finance Director and has one direct report.
The Financial Planning and Analysis Function drives Merkle’s financial monthly and quarterly forecast process, annual budgeting process, operating plan variance analysis and special projects. This role also provides financial and commercial support to senior management including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, evaluating new business opportunities, and other projects requested by senior management. This function acts as the analytical engine of the finance organisation to provide insights and support ‘optimal’ business decision making.
The suitable candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with circa 3 years’ experience working in an FP&A role, seeking a fast-paced environment.
Life as a FP&A Manager at Merkle
Your technical skills and experience are as important to us as your passion and attitude to helping make a difference in the Finance team and the business. Your ability to interact with the client delivery teams in the business, earn their trust and be their go to person for finance/commercial support will be essential. Your role will include the following:
• Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditures to forecast revenue
• Act as a Finance Business Partner supporting the delivery functions, management and team leads of the business, driving gross margin management and improvement, client profitability and other financial measures
• Attend weekly revenue forecast meetings with the client team and management team, driving accuracy in SalesForce reporting and forecasting
• Provide pricing and other commercial support to the client facing teams in the business
• Help setup and deliver the continued development of budgeting, financial forecasting, operating plan and modelling tools
• Quarterly and Monthly Financial reports and analysis
• Develop financial models and analysis to support strategic initiatives
• Deliver client and project profitability figures to the Leadership team
• Supporting Senior Management Team and Department heads with in-depth analysis
• Help prepare presentation packs for Merkle’s Senior Management Team for presentation by Finance leaders
• You will be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
• We anticipate the level of this role will best match someone with circa 3 years’ experience in a FP&A role from a fast paced environment focused on delivering client work
• Experience of the Marketing Services/ Digital industry desirable
• Advanced Microsoft Excel (VB Look Ups, Pivots etc)
• Highly organised, with a high standard accuracy and precision
• Highly articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Driven and self-motivated, with a passion to seek the best solution, think creatively, better the output and demonstrate good stakeholder management
• Willingness to really roll your sleeves up and get involved with team members in a highly dynamic business
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.