Platform Enablement Lead - CRM
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s Head of Platform Enablement leads a team of hands-on specialists who are focused on helping clients to deliver People-Based Marketing programmes through Adobe Experience Cloud, IBM Campaign/Watson Campaign Automation and Salesforce Marketing Cloud. As the leader of this team be responsible for the definition and delivery of services that help clients onboard new marketing technology and make better use of existing technology. You are accountable for the quality of work your team delivers.
The Platform Enablement team is responsible for delivery of the following services:
- Front-end platform configuration
- Campaign/journey migration
- New client onboarding and transition to Managed Service team based on Merkle WoW
- In-house client team set-up
- Platform-user role definitions, career frameworks, placement and training
- Process design and operational handbooks
- Deployment of workflow and MI tools
- Platform usability audit and optimisation
- Onsite support including agile team resourcing
The Head of Platform Enablement will work closely with the Head of Platform Development and the Head of Managed Services to ensure Merkle best-practice methodologies are standardised across projects, clients, markets and regions.
You will be tasked to ‘Make People-Based Marketing Real’ for our clients through the effective use of marketing technology. Your KPI will be:
1. Business success for our clients in the form of:
a. Increased ROI from marketing technology investment or;
b. Efficiency gains through process automation /platform improvements
2. Development of our brand through the creation of client success stories
3. Growth of your team through skills development, recruitment and retention
4. Revenue growth and effective margin management
Life as a Platform Enablement Lead at Merkle
This is a complex and challenging role with many aspects that you will need to balance on day to day basis including.
- Leading the delivery of work. This will include: defining project deliverables and approach, running workshops, delivering recommendation for senior client stakeholders, being accountable for the quality if work delivered by your team, running or attending sprint planning and retrospectives.
- Growing, managing and inspiring your team to deliver work of outstanding quality
- Providing pre-sales support for growth and client services teams including proposal writing, pitch delivery and statements of work.
- Working with your peers in other Merkle EMEA Markets (Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland) and other regions (APAC and AMER) to define best-practice methodologies for the best use of marketing technology.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for someone from a consultancy / agency background with significant experience of leading CRM and data-driven customer marketing programmes. You will need to be:
- An excellent communicator, mentor and people manager.
- A convincing subject matter expert on all things related to campaign management processes.
- Extensive experience managing campaign delivery and campaign analytics teams.
- Hands-on experience with SFMC, Unica, Adobe Experience Cloud.
- Some experience of digital marketing, CRO, digital analytics, decisioning, campaign planning, creative and UX disciplines.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.