Analytics-Senior Associate II
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Associate will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop technical solutions for business issues. Serves as a resource within area of expertise and provide guidance to more junior team members; may lead small teams on a project basis.
Key Responsibilities :
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Predictive statistical models
- Customer profiling
- Segmentation Analysis
- Test Design and Analysis
- Data Analysis and Mining
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Assist in evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
- Strong presentation skills required (PowerPoint)
- Very strong Excel skills required (VBA not necessary)
- Experience with SAS, Python and/or R required
- Experience with SQL required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to discover hidden insights through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks (including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc.) and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement, do independent research, develop innovative approaches or processes/codes to 1) improve client business results, 2) improve efficiencies, 3) reduce potential errors
- Ability to create robust analytics solutions to optimize digital marketing
- 2-3 years of experience applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- 2-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital (addressable) marketing, including strong understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; summarize key findings/insights
- Understanding of digital data including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type web, ad, email, mobile, etc.
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.