Data Quality Assurance Engineer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking to add a Data Quality Assurance Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for the analysis, execution and maintenance of automated and manual test cases in a highly data driven environment. Additional activities will include reporting of test results and defect management of marketing data products.
While maintaining an in-depth understanding of at least a couple of quality assurance tools and methodologies, it is expected that you will have a broad knowledge of the information technology field including but not limited to software development, infrastructure, networking, and security.
You will support enhancement of the QA discipline and contribute to efforts that define standards and protocols to continuously improve the SDLC process.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Experience with ETL, Data Analysis and reporting tools
- Analyze data-related defects by combing through massive amounts of data to find patterns and the needle in the haystack
- Analyze software defects to determine root cause
- Develop test scripts, test conditions, test procedures and expected results
- Execute test cases / Scripts and analyze outcomes
- Validate fixes and ensures regression testing to all test cycles
- Document the actual results and metrics
- Communicate execution status to the Team
- Organize testing execution and results
- Record and report on testing metrics.
- Track and report defects using appropriate tools such as JIRA
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Detail oriented, quality focused and self-motivated
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.