Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are seeking a highly motivated, and technically proficient software engineer to work on helping to develop innovative applications. You will expand upon your current skill set through cross-disciplinary collaboration with some of the smartest and nicest people in the industry, while learning the inner workings of a fast-paced digital marketing agency. You will work closely with a team of developers in an agile software development environment to expand our proprietary digital marketing toolset. The Merkle Agency Services team uses these tools to manage almost $1B in ad spend across a variety of channels and platforms. You will work closely with major search engines – Google, Bing and Yahoo – to keep our tools up to date in an ever-changing and highly competitive landscape.
· Participate in the advancement and implementation of open source frameworks and architectures
· Advance our applications to a next-generation suite using Java & Big Data technologies in AWS environment
· Participate in the full software development life cycle: gather requirements, design, develop, peer code review and test the applications
· Communicate effectively with business analysts, data scientists, and other developers on a daily basis
· BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
· Engineering or development background, 1+ years’ work experience, passion to code
· A desire to be challenged, solve problems and stay on top of the latest technologies and frameworks
· Knowledge of object oriented and functional programming principles
· Proficient with Java and test-driven development
· Proficient with SQL, writing queries and creating tables
· Knowledge of distributed data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra) is a plus
· Familiarity with AWS cloud-based framework is a plus
· Good communication skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing business environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.