Sr. Web Analyst
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For nearly 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 7,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2017 net revenue of $630 million. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Web Analyst for Merkle’s Digital Optimization team, which is responsible for providing analysis, insight and optimization recommendations for our e-commerce execution across brand site, APP and social. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing team focused on revolutionizing e-commerce personalization, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
We are looking for analytical, passionate, and experienced professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry. This position will work closely with Merkle and other Dentsu Aegis Network agencies in the APAC countries.
The Web Analyst provides analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing strategy. You will tie the optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
The Digital Optimization team works closely with the Analytics, Platform, Data and Solution teams across DAN and Merkle’s offices in the US and/or in APAC. Together, these teams work collaboratively to plan, execute, measure, and optimize advertising initiatives for our clients. We’re looking for an analytical and digital-savvy problem solver to help launch, troubleshoot, and measure client campaigns across multiple industry leading ad platforms, all while improving existing processes through initiatives of automation, documentation, and scale. The ideal candidate is curious and tenacious in solving problems, as well as an expert communicator – comfortable translating complex details to audiences of different technical knowledge.
· Leverage solutions and tools to provide recommendations on driving client’s campaigns and objectives
· Develop proficiency in programming (Python, R, SQL, SAS) to operate independently on assigned tasks
· Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
· Partner with Merkle’s US and APAC teams to help drive services and delivery at scale
· Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
This position reports to the Manager, Digital Optimization.
Key Skills and Experience
What This Position Requires
· 2-3 years’ working experience with Python, R, SQL, SAS, web analytics, media analytics or high-level scripting language
· Hands-on experience with one of site analytics platforms such as Adobe/Omniture, Google Analytics, IBM/CoreMetrics, WebTrends, etc
· Strong skills in Excel formula, PPT, SQL, Tableau / Power BI / Datorama (or similar visualization tool)
· Mathematics/statistics skills and natural affinity for numbers
· Good communication skills. Strong English speaking and writing skills
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Finance or Engineering required
· Strong work ethic and drive to learn as much as possible within the digital marketing space
What makes you stand out?
· Working experience in related (quantitative) capability
· Familiarity with digital marketing channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
· Solid understanding of digital marketing, databases and database marketing principles
· Familiarity with DMPs, tag management platforms such as Telium, Ensighten, etc is a plus
· Experience with predictive modeling is a plus but not required
· Sharp problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", self-starter attributes