Technical Analyst - Java/Python
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For nearly 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 7,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 53 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2017 net revenue of $630 million. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The digital analytics team is responsible for leading all the digital analytical engagements within Merkle. Our role is to design innovative digital analytics solutions to solve complex business problems. Through analytically derived insights, we often provide our clients with visibility into their business while systematically leading them towards improved business performance.
As part of the team, you will be engaged in a variety of digital analytic projects with online user behavior data collection and integration on top of big data platform. To be successful in this role, you will need strong problem solving skills, ability to work independently in a fast-paced entrepreneurial work environment, be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and change. Ability to handle multiple projects and collaborating with your co-workers is essential.
- Java / Scala programming skills are required
- Implement digital data solutions using big data technologies: Kafka/Spark/Apache Beam
- Develop digital data collection and integration solutions
- Develop Java web-based application and solutions
- Evaluate and improve internal tools and processes
- Perform ad hoc analysis of business situations, systems, issues and problems
- Bachelor or master degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or other related majors
- 2 or more years hands-on industry experience in marketing or digital platform development
- Experience in Java / Scala, SQL is required
- Familiar with Linux based system is required
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git/SVN
- Experience in web-front end development and jquery, bootstrap those popular web-front libraries is a big plus
- Experience in large scale distributed system and NodeJS/Golang/Python/C++ is a big plus
- Hands on experience in Spark/Hadoop/HBase/Kafka/Apache Beam is desired but not required
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership abilities
- Excellent written English ability
- Proficient in Oral English
- Excellent work ethic and great team player