Media Data Lead ( Beijing)
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For nearly 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, HBO, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 5,500 smart, dedicated people in 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2017 net revenue of $630 million. In 2016, Merkle joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for a Data Lead for Merkle’s Analytics team, which is responsible for providing analysis, insight and optimization recommendations for our digital media execution (across display, search, email and paid social channels). You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing team focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
We are looking for analytical, passionate, and experienced professionals who want to be part of an innovative team in a rapidly evolving industry. This position will work closely with Merkle and other Dentsu Aegis Network agencies in the APAC countries.
The Data Lead manages a team to provide analysis that informs and improves the effectiveness of the planning, execution and optimization of marketing strategy. You will tie the optimization metrics to the strategic intent of campaigns and the underlying business objectives.
· Lead the communications with client and DAN HQ regarding data, analytics, AdTech/MarTech
· Guide global and local DAN as well as client on local China data platforms, technologies, methodologies, capabilities and limitations to define the best solutions to implement while aligning with global strategy
· Support campaign strategy and planning with audience insights analysis, sizing and research using both traditional research tools and digital related data tools across multiple devices and media channels
· Leverage solutions and tools to provide recommendations on driving client’s campaigns and objectives
· Develop proficiency in programming (R, SAS, SQL, Python) to operate independently on assigned tasks
· Manage campaign timelines and deliverables across internal and external teams
· Partner with Merkle’s US and APAC teams to help drive services and delivery at scale
· Document best practices and seek out opportunities to improve existing processes
Key Skills and Experience
What This Position Requires
· 5+ years’ working experience in digital marketing, client service, consulting, project management and people management
· Ability to navigate search and media platforms (DoubleClick, AdWords, AOP, etc.)
· Programmatic experience leveraging data from Ad server, DSP, DMP
· Understand the media ads tracking principle as well as the cross platform data integration technology
· Good communication skills. Strong English speaking and writing skills
· Mathematics/statistics skills and natural affinity for numbers
· Working experience with R, SAS, SQL, web analytics, media analytics or high-level scripting language is a plus
· Bachelor’s degree or above in Mathematics, Statistics, Marketing, Economics, Finance or Engineering required
· Strong work ethic and drive to learn as much as possible within the digital marketing space
What makes you stand out?
· Working experience in related (quantitative) capability
· Familiarity with digital marketing channel (Paid Search, Organic Search, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email)
· Some experience with digital marketing or web analytics preferred
· Sharp problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· An entrepreneurial spirit, desire to "change the game", self-starter attributes