Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: totally open/remote
- The Product Manager role focuses on Merkle Data Solutions products, including our flagship DataSource data, as well as Merkle B2B, and Life Events data. DataSource provides the demographic, psychographic and buying behavior information that data scientists, analysts, and marketers require to make intelligent and profitable consumer marketing decisions across offline and digital channels. DataSource covers approximately 129 million households and 260 million U.S. adult individuals. DataSource is rebuilt monthly and also includes ‘fast-moving data’ such as Pre and New Movers and Pre and New Parent lists.
- The Product Manager role supports Product, Client Services, and Technical team members with marketing data industry knowledge, data vendor management, internal and external product communications, and optimizing data quality and business performance impact.
- Has experience working with demographic data and segmentation
- Understands direct marketing and digital media concepts and tactics
- Is experienced with issue-tracking and Product/Project Management applications (JIRA)
- Has experience in MS Excel, Tableau, or similar BI tools - importing data, building reports, and organizing data
- Understands file and dataset management
- Is familiar with SQL and SAS
- Previous experience working with large datasets and data hygiene (1MM+ Records)
- Communicates clearly and professionally as a team player
- At least a BS in marketing or data management is required.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.