Marketing Analyst (SQL Expert)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Position Title: Audience Analytics
Location: Columbus, OH (strongly preferred); but will consider other Merkle offices
MUST BE A SQL EXPERT (complex code)
Create analytical solutions for key Merkle clients. This resource will use data and analytical methods, including multivariate statistics, to solve client business challenges.
- Writing SQL code (large, complex data sets)
- Participate in the development of quantitative solutions for clients
- Help design campaign tests and select the appropriate target audience
- Use statistics and programming skills to implement targeting, segmentation and measurement solutions
- Measure campaign performance lift vs. holdouts and via A/B version testing, within and across digital channels
- Build, test and implement marketing models, such as response models, attrition models and propensity models
- Support junior analysts, in the US and offshore, as appropriate
- Support development of client presentations
- Work effectively with other team members across Merkle
- 2-4 years of work experience in CRM Analytics
- SQL Coding a MUST
- Hands on experience:
- creating insights from large customer and prospect databases
- optimizing marketing campaigns
- using statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, experimental and design, etc. to solve business problems
- creating unorthodox solutions using data, analytics and technology
- experience with predictive modeling
Education: MBA or graduate degree in quantitative field preferred (finance, economics, mathematics, or statistics.)
Computing Experience: SAS and SQL; R may be substituted for SAS
Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral presentation skills
Organization Skills: Able to organize work stream independently and manage priorities across multiple projects
Additional Skills: Strong problem solving; takes initiative
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.