Associate – Paid Search Solutions
In 2015, Periscopix were thrilled to join the Merkle organisation as part of their drive to become a worldwide leader in tailored data-driven digital marketing. Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
The role of Paid Search Solutions associate presents an exciting opportunity for an early career PPC specialist who’s passionate about all things technical. Successful candidates will have the opportunity to split their time between traditional Paid Search account management and technical client work, including creating scripts & automation tools, optimising feeds, and building advanced dashboards. Our specialist team works across a varied portfolio of clients from a mix of industries and sizes, and our solutions have won multiple industry awards.
Our specialists also collaborate closely with our Media Solutions department to drive internal innovation across the Paid Search department, by leading automation and feed initiatives, giving associates the opportunity to build and deploy tools to support the wider agency team.
This role is ideal for a Paid Search executive or account manager who has 1+ years of experience and is particularly interested in focusing on the technical elements of PPC. In the longer term, this role could lead to several different career paths, including leading a team of technical PPC associates, or broadening out to focus on technical solutions across multiple channels in a technical consultancy role within our Media Solutions department.
Life as a Paid Search Solutions Associate at Merkle
On the technical solutions side, associates will:
- Create, update and maintain of Google Ads Scripts and Microsoft Advertising Scripts for use across the Paid Search department.
- Manage feeds, including optimisation and strategy for feed-driven campaigns.
- Create and maintain complex reporting solutions for clients, using a variety of platforms.
- Identify opportunities for further automation within the department and develop tools and solutions to address these.
On the client account management side, associates will:
- Understand client objectives and work towards achieving them within their paid search activity.
- Write ad copy and build keywords into campaign structures based on business goals
- Handle bid management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Use data manipulation and interpretation for campaign analysis, using actionable insights to improve performance through optimisation
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
- 1+ years of experience in PPC at account executive or account manager level.
- Familiarity with Google Ads and Microsoft Ads platforms.
- Whilst not essential, experience using SA360, Amazon, international search engines (e.g. Baidu, Yandex, Naver) or other search management platforms is preferred.
- Experience working with at least one of the following areas:
o Google Ads Scripts, including writing and maintaining your own scripts.
o Reporting and dashboard builds
o Feed optimisation (shopping, feed-based campaigns
Don’t worry if you’re not an expert in all the technical areas list above – we’ll provide training to round out your knowledge. We do however expect candidates to have a deep technical knowledge in at least one of the areas, and a passion to learn more!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.