Marketing Automation Specialist
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2018 net revenue of $846million.
The Marketing Automation manager will manage the day-to-day database marketing activities of Merkle and the corporate marketing team. Primary responsibilities include creating and deploying digital marketing campaigns with a focus on database growth and lead nurturing. This individual will act as the lead for execution of database growth initiatives including lead acquisition and pipeline development in conjunction with the sales and marketing teams. Additional responsibilities will include the consistent evaluation of campaign effectiveness to ensure maximum efficiency across all efforts.
The Marketing Automation Manager must have knowledge and proficiency in marketing automation systems, such as Pardot, Exact Target, Marketo, or Eloqua and familiarity with Salesforce.
Team collaboration in the marketing department is important, the selected candidate must be able to work well with others and be willing to jump in to assist with other projects and department initiatives, such as but not limited to, marketing campaigns, print and marketing collateral, social media management and event planning.
· Collaborate with marketing managers to develop and deploy email campaigns as well as respective forms and landing pages.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to understand and strategize the execution and process flow of campaign types for effective list management and marketing programs.
· Work with sales and marketing teams on pipeline development, reporting and dashboard creation.
· Assist in the development of Salesforce CRM processes related to lead generation, pipeline development, data integrity, and system integrations.
· Maintain consistency in reporting at all times.
· Assist with database cleanup projects to ensure health and quality of the data for optimal segmenting in marketing automation.
· Work with the marketing team on marketing events and initiatives.
· 3-5 years of significant experience with marketing automation systems such as Pardot, Exact Target, Marketo, or Eloqua
· Familiarity with Salesforce, or similar CRM systems, with experience in reporting and assisting with process development and performing data cleanse actions (Salesforce certification a plus)
· Ability to write and edit clear, concise copy for email marketing
· Excellent knowledge of Excel
· Knowledgeable with both HTML and CSS for email design & development
· Must be detail oriented and able to execute on a deadline
· Self-motivated and continually seeking ways to optimize marketing operations and database processes
· Ability to work well with others and across teams/departments
· Comfortable in serving as an authority on marketing automation and performing trainings
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.