Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
With a proven understanding of both strategic new business development and account management within a Marketing Services, Marketing Workforce Solutions or SOW/BPO services environment, the Client Partner will align with counterparts in Marketing, Sales Operations, and Delivery to drive profitable growth opportunities with key prospects and clients.
All of Filter's Client Partners have strong consultative sales and analytical skills. Moreover, they're collaborative and thrive in fast-moving environments, with a passion for problem-solving and continuous learning. Success in this position will require tenacity with a proven ability to identify, reach, influence and challenge enterprise and mid-market level customers, strong ability and desire to prospect, close new business, and provide digital marketing and design solutions that meet our client needs.
IN YOUR ROLE, YOU ARE:
- A trusted advisor to clients and prospects, working with them to diagnose their current situation and proactively define how FILTER can help address their current digital marketing and design challenges.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process including lead generation, account strategy development, discovery/client needs analysis, proposal development, presentations, pricing & negotiations, contract execution, and account penetration.
- Able to communicate the business value and/or ROI of FILTER's proposed solutions within enterprise/mid-market clients and prospects; generate consulting and outsourcing opportunities from new clients and buyers.
- Determined to drive account portfolio sales strategy and establish cadence of relevant and consistent sales outreach.
- Proficient at developing responses to requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs) in partnership with Filter’s Leadership.
- Capable of thriving in an agile and nimble work environment, with the ability to multitask, have fun, and be confident in working a sales approach in a highly independent manner.
- Results-driven with a proven track record of high closure rate as well as consistent achievement of sales objectives and quota.
- Skilled at taking a consultative approach to engaging with a broad array of client contacts, from middle management to C-level marketing executives.
- Achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals
- 10+ years of business development or solution sales experience focused on the digital marketing/design/marketing technology industry.
- Experience with building and executing account strategies for strategic accounts.
- Experience in High Tech, Retail, Travel, Media or Financial Services will be an added advantage.
- Knowledgeable in Challenger Sales methodology preferred.
- Proven experience leading all aspects of the sales process including lead generation, account strategy development, discovery/client needs analysis, proposal development, presentations, pricing & negotiations, contract execution, relationship management, and account penetration.
- Experience leveraging CRM systems for full lifecycle sales.
- Must have a history of quota attainment.
- Superior presentation, oral, and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education preferred.
- Ability to lead with influence and authority.
Client Relationship Management/Active Listening
Persuasive Communication Skilled at both oral and written communication that can influence others. Uses effectual examples and visual aids that have an impact on the audience.
Effective Decision Making
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.