Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Email Developer is responsible for preparation and deployment of HTML and text email content as well as the dynamic integration into a proprietary email delivery platform.
- Develop highly complex and customized email campaigns that renders across all email clients and look the same as creative supplied.
- Apply dynamic content rules and configure link tracking.
- Quality assurance of dynamic email.
- Content change management.
- Link tracking and email deployment using proprietary email platform.
- Upload HTML/Text content to email platform.
- Work with account production managers in coordinating and communicating content change requests and production schedule.
- Provide error-free final list deployments.
- Meet deadlines for content publication.
- Use abstract problem-solving skills to address and solve unique technical problems that arise.
- Keep up with industry standards and new best practices in email development.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of list processing and can troubleshoot any potential list errors.
- Error free; On-time; Adherence to standard processes and best practice, yet flexible and adaptive; Responsive to team and client needs; Production of work in a timely fashion; Completion of work with attention to details; Utilization of auditing processes and techniques.
- Ability to function in a high pressure/fast paced environment with diverse clientele.
Key Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years’ experience.
- Strong technical skills including an expertise in HTML.
- Experience working with Salesforce Marketing Cloud (Exact Target) preferred. Other ESP experience a plus.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic and an ability to function in a high pressure/high ambiguity environment.
- Advanced organizational, time-management and work prioritization skills.
- Strong bias toward action and results-oriented activities.
- Passion for learning new skills, expanding experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities required.
- Ability to deliver a high quality of work, with minimal supervision, to Fortune 500 clients. You “do things right the first time” and are used to being trusted upon to build the best possible solution in a reasonable timeframe.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to work on multiple, complex projects and issues.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.