Data Solutions-Director-Client Engagement
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION: NYC preferred but will consider any Merkle location nationwide
Merkle is actively seeking a Data Consultant, Director, reporting to the SVP of Global Data Solutions. The role is to lead and be accountable for a client account portfolio leading their data solution capabilities across their Merkle engagement. This includes having a strong knowledge of the third-party data landscape across the U.S. and the Americas across B2C and B2B and spanning direct marketing as well digital and addressable media. The Director will be responsible for research, selection, recommendation, and subsequent evaluation of data performance, as well as the presentation of recommendations and results to clients. The Director will act as an extension of the client team to understand their marketing strategies and goals and to generate proactive data recommendations and solutions. They also serve as a data “subject matter expert” providing guidance to others both internally and externally. The ideal candidate will be fluent, from a data perspective, in martech and ad tech with the ability to span the worlds of CRM databases, onboarding and DMPs.
- Manage staff and data solutions for our clients
- Establish data strategy for clients and prospects
- Create the data strategy for Merkle’s people based marketing efforts
- Develop and present client recommendations and proposals
- Define and manage data driven client accounts
- Develop client contracts and legal documents for existing and new business projects
- Maintain client financials, understanding of budgets and ability to translate to overall corporate goals
- Assess data needs across client portfolio; manage data research and campaign execution.
- Lead team in negotiating data pricing, net name arrangements, and other special terms on behalf of clients
- Working directly with clients and our analytics team to provide campaign analysis
- Managing vendor relationships on behalf of clients
- Managing internal & external client expectations for deliverables
- Managing workflow and communication with other team members
- Keeping abreast of the latest news and trends in the industry
- Participate in business development and client pitches
- Generate thought leadership in case studies, white papers, blogs etc.
Delivery of world class data solutions for clients:
- Strong knowledge of data industry and data landscape and how this data is relevant to our clients’ business.
- A broad and deep understanding of data compilation and source
- Able to take full ownership of role and all aspects of the data solutions process
- Ability to multi-manage a client portfolio with a large volume of campaigns and deliverables successfully
- Ability to work within Merkle guidelines and processes.
- Ability to manage a client portfolio with a large volume of campaigns and deliverables
- Understanding of all capabilities within Data Solutions, including third party prospect data, enhancement append data and services, identity linkage management, data analytics across Business to Consumer, Business to Business and across direct mail, digital, email and phone.
- Knowledge of the international data landscape is preferred
- Knowledge of digital adtech and addressable media ecosystem
- Familiarity with statistical concepts and modeling as it relates to data and data optimization and as it relates to list and campaign-level analysis.
- Fully fluent in PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Other: Bachelor’s Degree Required; Business, Marketing, Advertising or Communications preferred.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EO guidelines.