Senior UI Visual Designer
Axis41, A Merkle company
Axis41 is a marketing technology and design agency. We combine strategic planning, creative, and leading tech to build complete solutions for modern brands. Building meaningful relationships with customers starts with understanding what they’re thinking, feeling, and wanting to do. That’s how we can reach them in the best, most relevant ways and improve their interaction with organizations and brands. Our team of strategists, UX designers, and UI Designers build upon those insights, working together to create experiences that establish and strengthen relationships and deliver incredible experiences.
Why we want you:
If you have that constant itch to make something, get all sweaty when things don’t align, and enjoy power swimming in the deep end, then we want you on our team. We are looking for a senior designer who can create beauty in a fast-paced environment, who believes user experience supersedes personal expression, and who other people simply like having around.
- Deliver beautiful, simple, and strategic experiences that users can relate to
- Develop high level mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate design ideas.
- Work closely with immediate team of UX Designer, Project Managers, Marketing Managers, Developers and Content Strategist.
- Design elegant, thoughtful solutions for complex workflows through the use of type, hierarchy, interactions, and design patterns.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Oversee design projects, from concept to delivery
- Create original conceptual artwork
- Illustrate iconography and brand elements
- Maintain brand consistency
- Employ a high standard of file housekeeping
- Present and defend ideas to internal teams and clients
- Review and comment on the work of junior designers
- Meet deadlines and budgets
- Inspire others by thinking beyond the obvious.
- Stay current with industry tools and trends
- 5+ years of related visual design experience
- Ability to think strategically on your own as well as in a group
- Ability to create strong brands and be a steward for already established brands
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities
- Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to create thought-provoking, creative solutions
- Strong conflict resolution, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Professional, considerate, and passionate
- Superb organizational skills to coordinate complicated projects
- Attention to visual, technical, and mechanical details
- Ability to talk technical jargon with developer team, (basic HTML/CSS skills a plus)
- Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business
- A desire and ability to collaborate with people who have differing skills and perspectives
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Solid knowledge and experience with Sketch and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to identify and suspend bias in place of user insight and business objectives
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.