Business Systems Analyst
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
The Business Analyst is the key liaison between a high profile client and the Merkle Technology Teams. This is a highly visible position, as the Business Analyst elicits and drives requirements and initiatives at multiple levels of detail for a Merkle client(s). The Business Analyst should have a strong attention to detail and is entrusted with accurately documenting requirements and acceptance criteria for a project.
- Interface with the client and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle (Business Intelligence, Information Technology, Database and Data Warehouse Developers, Project Managers) to support the solution delivery process
- Synthesize complex and contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail
- Take primary ownership for written requirements specifications, from initial creation, through change management and solution delivery
- Take direction from Project Management regarding schedule, scope, and cost tradeoffs
- Assist with the delivery of the system into production by designing and supporting the formal client acceptance process, according to Merkle’s defined standards
- Accurately document requirements and acceptance criteria for a Merkle Marketing solutions
- Perform analysis of new data forr inclusion in a marketing database, and ad-hoc analysis of data in the database to support the requirements process
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
- 3+ years experience with writing detailed requirements specifications for IT solution delivery with a significant database component or database focus - consisting of at least 100 distinct enumerated requirements
- 5+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations (SDLC) involving large databases
- Experience with Marketing, especially: Database Marketing, Direct Marketing, Email Marketing, Interactive Marketing - Ideally experience of business to business
- Experience with test planning and use cases
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- SQL experience to conduct basic data analysis
- Experience as an end-user with BI tools such as SAS, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.
- Experience as an end-user with Campaign tools such as Unica, Alterian, etc.
- Willingness to travel when necessary-Can be up to 50%
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment and rapidly master complex data structures
- Exhibits intense curiosity, to dig beneath the superficial and identify facts
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.