We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. At Merkle we have a clear vision: to attract the best people and be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Merkle is a proud equal opportunities employer and we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
You will play a key part performing a performance engineering role across our client’s technology platform where we strive to engineer the best experience for our client’s customers across a number of platforms and channels.
As a Performance Engineer you will:
- Take ownership from design to delivery of the performance test engagement, meeting release commitments and technical test requirements.
- Be responsible for architecting, designing, delivering non-functional test solutions for projects and platform releases, following the defined standards and processes.
- Be able to juggle the high pace of delivery and demands relevant to what is important at any given moment in time often working to tight deadlines and release dates.
- Be able to understand complex solutions and architecture, be comfortable with problem solving and determine root cause working with development, support, infrastructure and operations teams as applicable and be comfortable talking their language.
- Promote best practice in architecture, processes and solutions and strive to continually improve everything we do.
- Get the opportunity to work with some of the latest technologies and performance engineering/testing techniques and approaches, CI/CD, Cloud, Service Virtualisation, Docker, Containers, Kibana/Elastic, Grafana/Influx.
What we’re looking for:
- Experienced performance engineers who can demonstrate strong technical skills and understanding.
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Demonstrate high degree of ownership and are not afraid to ask questions.
- Have a strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
What we would like you to bring:
- Full performance lifecycle exposure
- Modern web HTML5/Web2.0 exposure
- HPE/Microfocus Performance Center/LoadRunner or similar tools.
- Experience of large complex enterprise architectures
- Development skills, C, Java or similar
- Root cause analysis
- APM tools, Microfocus Diagnostics, Dynatrace, App Dynamics or similar at least one such tool
- Cloud platforms
- Containerisation, Docker, Kubernetes etc
- Elastic, Kibana,
- Influx, Grafana
- Microfocus Service Virtualisation
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.