We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. At Merkle we have a clear vision: to attract the best people and be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Merkle is a proud equal opportunities employer and we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
As a performance DBA within our experienced platform performance engineering team, you will join a skilled platform operations team who are pushing modern/cutting edge DevOps processes, practices and ways of working. The multi skilled team consists not only of DBA’s, but performance engineers, infrastructure specialists, developers, Dev Ops engineers, Environment and batch specialists who work closely together and collectively determine what is good enough for our client’s customers
As a Performance DBA you will:
- Provide performance assessments and tuning recommendations across customer facing Digital Web & Mobile platforms, Customer Contact Centres and Back Office Systems.
- Actively influence architecture and design of client’s customer databases & platform.
- Support/drive projects, some agile, some waterfall & others somewhere in the middle.
- Work with some of the latest industry leading technologies and technical innovation.
- Join a team who are continually looking to the future and growing our knowledge and skills in line with industry trends.
- Proactively contribute to the evolution of performance engineering
- Perform a test data management function supporting all delivery
- Develop and provision large data sets to support full volume performance testing
- Continuous Integration, Test & Delivery, Cloud, Virtualisation, Docker, Elastic, fully automated environment and monitoring solutions.
- Own, support and enhance our 2 x multi-million-pound full volume performance testing environments, and the tool solutions driving them.
What we’re looking for:
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- Strong communicator who can comfortably share findings at all levels.
- Demonstrate high level of ownership
- Ability to multi tasks and prioritise workload.
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
What we would like you to bring:
- Experienced performance/development DBA who can demonstrate strong technical skills and understanding.
- Experience of largescale enterprise databases
- Strong experience of PL/SQL development
- Test Data Management
- SQL Query tuning
- DB performance tuning
- Experience of various Oracle versions e.g. 11g or 12c
- A strong appreciation of complex architecture and solutions.
- Desire to improve and engineer performance at all levels of the solutions from tests through to infrastructure.
- Able to understand the business impact of technical problems and be able to make risk assessments.
Nice to have:
- Operational DBA experience (backups, restores, user creation, tablespaces etc.)
- APM tools
- NoSQL DB’s
- Knowledge of server hardware & storage platforms
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.