We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. In addition to being recognised for our ‘people-based marketing’, we are proud of our growing and dedicated teams of software engineers working on dynamic projects and delivering quality work to our clients.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering. One such offering includes a rapidly expanding department dedicated to software development, Agile practices and engineering innovations, ensuring that Merkle provides its clients with a variety of services.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Come be a part of our professional, collaborative, international and fun work environment, where everyone gets to make a difference. At Merkle we have a clear vision: to attract the best people and be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay, and do their best work. Merkle is a proud equal opportunities employer and we believe that diversity fuels innovation. We champion different perspectives and are committed to creating a workplace where all employees are heard and feel a sense of belonging.
As a DevOps Engineer you will:
- Driving best technology and software development practices with passion and enthusiasm
- Putting effective automation at the centre of what we do
- Contributing to continuous improvement and innovation
- Establishing and executing platform compliance and support processes
- Providing efficient production support and issue resolution
- Liaising with teams providing dynamic development, stage and production environments
- Supporting and working alongside development teams to ensure they have the best facilities
- Owning and managing relationships with multiple suppliers and/ or internal teams
- Investigating new technologies to drive the platform forward
- Analyse, design, implement and validate strategies for continuous deployment, automation, and monitoring within host and cloud-based infrastructures
- Continually optimising the production platform in applications and infrastructure
What we’re looking for:
- A track record of getting the job done
- You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
- Takes pride and ownership in their work
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning new skills and practices
- Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
- You’re able and willing to occasionally travel to client sites or other Merkle offices throughout Europe
What we would like you to bring:
- Worked in enterprise scale operations environments using Scrum and Agile
- Excellent Linux systems administration
- Experience of a wide variety of open source technologies and tools (Puppet, Git, Apache, Tomcat, Java, Jenkins, Spring, Docker, Kubernetes, Cloudfoundry, etc.)
- Good understanding of HTTP, certificates etc.
- Experience of monitoring and log manipulation solutions
- AppDynamics, Elastic Search, Logstash, Kibana, Influx, Kafka
- Experience of ESX and Virtual Data Centre
- Experience of delivering software using continuous delivery and deployment approaches
- Ability to code and script in multiple languages (Node.js, Elixir, Ruby, Java, Perl, Go)
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Understanding of networking including systems (F5, Cisco GSS/ACE)
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Experience within an IT Operations role
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Spanish/English in house lessons
- Career development though Merkle University, LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft
- Free life insurance
- Free health insurance
- Salary exchange scheme (restaurants, public transport and child daycare center)
- Young, creative, and dynamic teams
- Opportunity for personal growth and professional training development
- Great friendly and international environment
- A company in constant evolution and with growth plans
- A strong after-work culture
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.