Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 25 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. When combined with its strength in performance creative and media, Merkle creates customer experiences that drive improved marketing results and shareholder value. With more than 4,100 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland with 16 additional offices in the US and 8 offices in Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
To concept and craft copy for print and digital direct response marketing channels; develop work that is conceptually rich and performance-driven to achieve marketing/strategic goals, while also aligned with client brand, tone and voice requirements.
- Develop and implement creative, technical and conceptual copy solutions in Direct Mail, Email, Paid Social, Landing Page, Microsite and Display Advertising channels.
- Ability to understand an assignment from a Creative Brief and turn print/digital experiences into exciting, innovative executions that fulfill the client's direct marketing goals.
- Work with Creative Director, creative team members and client teams to create appropriate, workable ways to express and enhance the client’s communication needs.
- Leverage direct response best practices to help our clients reach their strategic and targeting goals.
- Responsible for current knowledge and understanding of emerging trends and technologies, and the ability to institute best practices for print and digital marketing products.
- Produce copy solutions that achieve the agency’s and clients’ desired results at a reasonable expenditure of time and resources.
- Show abilty in creating and executing fresh, innovative concepts that enhance response strategies and achieve client objectives.
- Consult with clients regarding copy and messaging issues.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional copywriting experience.
- Excellent written, verbal and conceptual communication skills.
- Have a general sense/understanding of branding, art direction and typography, and the ability to work closely with an Art Director to create outstanding work.
- Knowledge of principles and practices for all communication channels, but especially the direct mail channel. Portfolio examples of financial direct mail campaigns are highly recommended.
- Strong attention to detail, emphasis on project management/organization skills.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple projects/priorities.
- The ability to handle pressure and prioritize internal and external demands.
- Ability to clearly articulate constructive feedback to team members.
- The ability to work on a team, maintain a positive and professional demeanor, and accept constructive criticism in a professional, mature manner.
- Self-motivation and a positive interaction with a wide range of individuals is expected.
- Demonstration of a willingness to work toward the goals and success of the organization as a whole.
- Credit card, fintech or insurance experience is a strong plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.