Merkle is a leading data-driven,technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management,loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are looking for an awesome Solution Engineer to join our stellar team. On the technology platform team, you will partner with more senior analytics architects and Clients to understand their vision and mission of their business.
Merkle is a consulting firm with expertise in guiding analytics supported marketing decisions. Our company engages with clients to collect, measure, and refine their data and data-management practices to optimize the digital customer experience.
Sound good? Here's your day to day:
The Solution Engineer will have overall responsibility for exceeding customer expectations through superior delivery of best-of-breed development tasks for front end digital data collection.
- This qualified individual will work with Client directly and Client’s third-party partner. development teams to ensure development tasks are delivered on time, within budget and to a high degree of accuracy according to specifications.
- This role will also ensure appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders.
- This person will possess an understanding of the Client’s business and digital data capture requirements and support the project team through the creation of accurate and thorough specifications.
- Actively participates in requirements gathering sessions.
- Prepares and presents detailed functional and technical specifications that support digital data collection requirements.
- Develops solutions to specifications on time, within budget and with an impeccable degree of quality and precision to specification.
- Prepares and clearly communicates best in class methods by which Clients can effectively optimize digital data collection methods including, but not limited to: Tag Management (e.g. Adobe, Google, Tealium, Ensighten, etc.) | Customer Data & Audience Management (e.g. Adobe, Google, Tealium, etc.) | Testing & Targeting (e.g. Adobe, Google) | Web Analytics (e.g. Adobe, Google, etc.)
- Frequently interacts with developers, marketers, product managers, analysts to ensure technical solution offers scale and supports Client needs.
- Ability to effectively present technical details to a non-technical audience.
- Strong customer service orientation; consistently meet internal and external client commitments
- Demonstrated desire to exceed expectations
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to simplify and structure complex concepts to streamline interactions and highlight key points
- Demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills
- Impeccable verbal and written comprehension and communication skills
- Skilled with Visio/OmniGraffle
- Experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle technology implementations involving digital data collection across various customer-facing applications [ie. Web, mobile]
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams ranging from 5-50 people
- Experience with data transmission methodologies [ie. API, XML, RSS]
- Versed in using Atlassian/JIRA boards and Agile delivery
- Bachelor's degree four-year college or university, preferably in Marketing, Business or related field
- Ability to adapt to various conditions and situations; ability to tolerate stressful situations and remain focused under pressure
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel when necessary - up to 25%
- Experience with other enterprise-wide platforms such as Adobe, Salesforce, IBM, Oracle will be a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.