Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing’ and are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; Merkle’s growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Strong attention to detail? Logical? Numerical? Thinking about finance-driven roles in digital marketing?
We’re looking for an entry-level Finance Executive who is interested in developing their career within our finance & operations team. As you progress in this role you will be exposed to wider accounting principles. You will work closely with the media teams to help process / raise invoices, and as your role develops you will be responsible for reconciling bookings and coordinating with our suppliers and client’s finance functions.
Life as a Finance Executive at DWA
You’ll be joining a small, supportive team where you’ll initially get up to speed with how our business operates. In your first month you should find your bearings and learn the various accounting systems.
You’ll have plenty of exposure and responsibility from an early point in the role.
Key areas of responsibility
· Prepare client invoices and process supplier invoices
· Reconcile active PO’s / bookings to invoices
· Process ACH and priority payments
· Apply cash receipts and payments within the ERP system (Netsuite)
· Initiate contact with clients/client teams on invoices that are due
· Facilitate communication and standardization between finance and client teams
· Ad hoc Projects and Requests
What we are looking for in you
· Passion for numbers
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with solid mathematical understanding
· Detail-oriented and organized
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook
· Positive, professional, enthusiastic, and team-oriented attitude
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too.
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
· Free Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
· Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
· A selection of other industry standard benefits
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.