Merkle is a leading data-driven,technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management,loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Data Integration Developers contribute towards the data integration development of multi-terabyte marketing solutions that integrate and optimize our client's data across numerous sources. Merkle's solutions enable our clients to better communicate to their customer and prospects across a number of marketing channels and media. Data Integration Developers will be immersed in the development and maintenance of marketing database solutions to meet client business objectives. You will have an opportunity to work with a cross-disciplinary team across various divisions of the MS group.
- Contribute to Data warehouse architecture and ETL design
- Build and maintain SQL procedures and ETL processes
- Leverage the Merkle common frameworks and components
- Comply with development standard and best practices
- Collect and leverage any additional reusable components during a deployment
- Perform development and unit testing
- Deliver high quality code and design documents with minimal supervision
- Be versatile and willing to take on new challenges across different projects and technologies
- Have a high sense of urgency to deliver work on time
- Show an ability to lead other developers
- Exceptional understanding of ETL concepts, processes, and tools- Talend, Informatica, SSIS, or DataStage
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Strong understanding of SQL and database programming
- Understanding of file management concepts, processes, and tools - Tidal, sFTP, PGP Encryption, Sterling
- Understanding of scheduling/automation concepts, processes, and tools
- Understanding of common IT offerings - e.g. Operating systems, storage, backups
- Understanding of database platforms - SQL Server, Netezza, Oracle
- Basic understanding of cloud technologies and/or big data platforms - AWS, GCP, Azure, Hadoop
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.