Lead Campaign Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Lead Campaign Consultant to join our agile Consultancy team to help support a growing campaign client list by providing best practice, journey orchestration, and experience cloud solution adoption services. As a Lead Campaign Consultant you will be considered an expert by your peers and clients, lead (and be accountable for) Adobe Campaign projects, you’ll share best practice design, build and campaign optimisation techniques, you’ll train clients in tool to become experts themselves and you’ll help run solution and configuration audits and team skills assessments.
This is a varied role and will give anyone joining the team a real opportunity to become jump outside of your comfort zone and expand your skillset and experience. A team of technical and solution leads will help you improve your skills and develop as an Adobe Experience Cloud consultant – extending you beyond just Adobe Campaign. You will receive opportunities to cross-train on other applications, strategic direction with ongoing benchmarking and actionable insights to improve performance within the team.
As a business, we are keen to train up the young stars of the future, and you’ll have a role to play in ensuring the wider team are able to tap into your excellent knowledge and experience! As a senior member of the team we are also looking for you to take ownership of internal training programs, training materials and train up other members of the team during knowledge sharing sessions, informal classroom sessions alongside other senior consultants.
As we are a consultancy team, we do not sit still! Some clients like to come to us and others expect us to be onsite with them; it is really important that you like to get out of the office and travel as and when required (All expenses will be reimbursed!). Your advanced knowledge of marketing technology, leadership skills, confidence in workshops and meetings will make this a rewarding time.
Life as a Lead Campaign Consultant at Merkle
- You’ll act as the Lead Campaign Consultant on any new client campaign projects, offering support in the following mixed remit between on-hands delivery and management and leadership:
- Migration and Implementation planning – plan the lift and shift of campaigns from one tool to another, working closely with the client’s project team to capture, document and translate business requirements to actionable tasks
- Act as the lead consultant on a project where you would need to manage both client and internal expectations and mitigate risk.
- Campaign design – utilize existing and develop new campaign briefs, journeys, diagrams and campaign lifecycle documentation for both peers/colleagues and clients
- Data design – display excellent understanding of the client’s data requirements and availability to support campaign execution during workshops, meetings and day to day activities
- Campaign operations stage gate – encourage best practice campaign process adoption including campaign RACI and ways of working (WoWs)
- Campaign execution – independently build, test, QA, deliver, measure campaigns, sometimes across multiple client accounts
- Governance and control – being accountable for the overall quality of
- Training – buddying, desk-side support, bespoke campaign training, technical skills assessment and benchmarking
- Best practice consultancy – stay on top of industry news, optimization techniques, controls, measurement, DPA and privacy, GDPR
· You could also lead a team of 2-4 Campaign Consultants (pending agreement and opportunities to do so); providing training and support to the team as and when required, discussing career progression and opportunities to grow as solution experts.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too. Some of the benefits to look forward to:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 5+ years’ experience of working as a Senior Campaign Manager or Campaign Consultant with an excellent understanding in data and database marketing from a client or agency environment
- You will be an expert in the campaign tool Adobe Campaign; knowledge of a second tool is desirable (Apteco FastStats, IBM Unica, PeopleStage, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Marketo)
- Experience of working onsite with clients to deliver and analyse campaigns, best practice guidance, training and support
- Experience of managing complex multi-channel, multi-wave data driven campaign programs for clients across multiple industry sectors
- Excellent understanding of relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools
- Good understanding of campaign reporting and experience of presenting analysis to clients to inform future campaign strategy
- Previous responsibility of managing day to day client relationships with the ability to carefully manage client expectations and build excellent working relationships
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- Previous experience of managing a small campaign team desirable
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.