Merkle Sokrati is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
Our Solutions Architect plays a key role as part of the Engineering Team responsible for forming and organizing the vision for Engineering solutions and the execution of that vision for client and internal deliverables.
Under the direction of the Director of Data Platforms, the postholder will work closely with local leadership as well as our global teams, bringing their key industry and product expertise and knowledge, to shape and deliver our Engineering strategy within each EMEA market and on a wider global scale.
The postholder will bring industry, technical and product knowledge to our customers and contribute to technical account planning and work with our Business Development and Consulting Teams on visits to current and potential clients.
The solutions architect will own the production of technical aspects in proposals in line with our products, services and capabilities with responsibility for creating compelling presentations for client meetings. Differentiating our Discovery analytics platform, at a technical level, from the competition will be a key part of this role. You will also provide consultative support, in specialist technical areas, to other areas of Merkle.
- Extensive experience in relevant roles, including typically a minimum of 10 years’ operating at a expert level in the Information Technology field
- Solution architecture of Data Lake patterns across Microsoft Azure, AWS or GCP
- Dev Ops such as Continuous Integration, Automation, Infrastructures as Code, Cloudformation and Teraform
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and data ingestion and transformation
- CI / CD experience within ETL / data transformation environment
- Excellent presentation skills, with the ability to present complex concepts to a wide range of audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills including motivational, negotiating, influencing and networking nationally and internationally
- Managing priorities across a complex stakeholder matrix
- QA and Governance understanding related to sector
- The technical aspects of our client-facing proposals, based on outline solution designs that you will produce with realistic cost estimates and early-stage, indicative technical delivery plans.
- Developing working prototypes that help us win business.
- Working with our Business Development Team and our clients to understand their strategy, landscape and infrastructure as well as understanding technical requirements (integration, data, applications, security, infrastructure, services, business architectures where necessary).
- Partnering with business leadership to define product roadmap visions and data acquisition priorities.
- Efficient onboarding of clients and ensuring ongoing support in order to meet our client’s needs, in line with our processes.
- Working closely with our Client Directors and wider team, developing and maintaining trusted relationships with clients.
- Having visibility of clients’ enterprise architectures and technical landscapes to produce high-level designs for data ingestion/pipeline, processing, analysis/modelling and visualization solutions built on Discovery and on Third party platforms.
- Keeping up-to-date with developments in the market (including data architectures and patterns) that can improve our own and clients’ solutions. You’ll be hands-on, and you must be proactive and able to create working prototype solutions to demonstrate your thinking to clients. Working collaboratively with our specialist teams to ensure feedback and market information is passed on to them.
- Exploring ways of improving efficiency and effectiveness and promote improvements across the organization. Ensuring the quality of outputs is what would be expected, in line with QA and Governance guidelines.
- Representing the organization internally and externally at events.
- Participation in technical Design peer reviews to help and ensure adherence to engineering standards