Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
- Data Engineers lead and deliver the technical aspects of our analytics projects and solutions into clients and work on projects to:
- Build and configure our Data Science environment platform, its algorithms and its data feeds
- Support our Data Scientists and Analytical Consultants working on projects
- Provide technical expertise and consultancy to clients to help them understand the power of big data analytics for their organisation
You will have a deep understanding of distributed computing, data and application architectures, basic networking, security, and infrastructure with a strength in writing great code to produce production-strength data pipelines and scalable systems.
- In addition, successful candidates will have demonstrated
- Excellent knowledge of Unix scripting and one of R, Python, Java or Scala
- A strong understanding of data modelling, data structures, databases, and ETL processes
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases and when to use them
- Analytical solution design and development, including algorithms and data feeds
- Proficiency working in an Agile environment
- Experience of code management systems (ideally BitBucket or Github)
Ideal candidates will have experience in Cloud computing (one or more of AWS, Azure, GCP), Scala, and technologies in the Dev Ops space (such as Continuous Integration, Automation, Infrastructures as Code, Cloudformation, and Teraform)
As this role will be client facing, you will also have demonstrated the ability to build strong relationships with clients, help the client understand what is possible for them, manage stakeholder expectations both inside and outside the organisation, and deliver to timelines